Poll:FTTF-Worth It?

MMfan14

Yes indeedy :D:D. For the same reasons others have given . My personal favorite is not waiting in the Guest Services line. For whatever reason...like leaving my sweatshirt on the tender...I didn't know who to ask, so went to GS, thank you thank you NO line. :). No,I never did find it ...

OP add this for the respondents:

Are you diamond, platinum or gold?

This will give you a general idea of why certain people say yea or nay.

(not all....most)

Exactly what I was about to post. Judging by the "no's" signature lines and number of posts, I'm thinking they "earned" the benefit. :rolleyes:

Yes!!!! We find it WELL worth the cost.

We love bypassing the lines at check in.

LOVE having the room ready as soon as we board. Nothing worse than having to carry your carry on bags through the Lido buffet.

LOVE not having to wait in long lines at Guest Services.

There's a sucker born every minute

and a sanctimonious rude person, too.

OP, I have an infant and it's worth every single penny for us to not have to drag diaper bags and such around with us while also wrangling kids.

Last cruise without, our rooms weren't ready for about 5 hours, and naptime was miserable without a bed to nap in.

Was well worth it on our last cruise for GS alone. It's not fun to wait behind a bunch of complainers for many minutes when you have a malfunctioning used toilet in your room and was already hung up on after a 20 minute wait by maintenance on the phone from the room.

Told GS and by the time I got back to our room they were already there to fix it.

Every cruise we have been on we have had to go to GS for something and FTTF saved us from waiting and hearing other people's complaints.:mad:

Edited by lylone

I just purchased FTTF For our May 7th cruise on the Glory - I'm most excited about boarding first (we already planned to be there early) and having our room ready so we can drop off sodas and bags (we usually only check our one big suitcase and carry on the rest).

I am curious how FTTF works for tendering. We have two tender ports (Belize and Grand Cayman). In Belize, we have an excursion so I assume it won't do us any good there. In Grand Cayman, we plan to take a cab to the beach, but with docking at 7:30am I doubt we will be ready to get off that early. Will we get to skip any line when we do decide to leave the boat (would probably end up being around 8:30). Or is it only useful if you want to be on the first tender?

I just purchased FTTF For our May 7th cruise on the Glory - I'm most excited about boarding first (we already planned to be there early) and having our room ready so we can drop off sodas and bags (we usually only check our one big suitcase and carry on the rest).

I am curious how FTTF works for tendering. We have two tender ports (Belize and Grand Cayman). In Belize, we have an excursion so I assume it won't do us any good there. In Grand Cayman, we plan to take a cab to the beach, but with docking at 7:30am I doubt we will be ready to get off that early. Will we get to skip any line when we do decide to leave the boat (would probably end up being around 8:30). Or is it only useful if you want to be on the first tender?

Go to Guest Services early, before the ship drops anchor, and let them know you have FTTF and would like to be among the first to board the tender. Show them your S&S card with the FTTF emblem and they'll give you tickets for the tender. Those with FTTF and excursions booked will be able to board ahead of general boarding, so yes, your excursion in Belize will get you on a tender quicker. You may have to show your tickets or confirmation for the excursion.

Go to Guest Services early, before the ship drops anchor, and let them know you have FTTF and would like to be among the first to board the tender. Show them your S&S card with the FTTF emblem and they'll give you tickets for the tender. Those with FTTF and excursions booked will be able to board ahead of general boarding, so yes, your excursion in Belize will get you on a tender quicker. You may have to show your tickets or confirmation for the excursion.

I'm wondering if it will have any use though after general boarding has already started. We won't have any desire to get off at 7:30am, but if there were still a wait at 8:30am, are there any benefits to having FTTF at that point or would we just have to go through the regular process.

I'm wondering if it will have any use though after general boarding has already started. We won't have any desire to get off at 7:30am, but if there were still a wait at 8:30am, are there any benefits to having FTTF at that point or would we just have to go through the regular process.

We had FTTF last cruise on magic. Wanted to board tender about 9 or 10, don'r remember, but not real early. Could see lines of people waiting for elevators and up and down stairs. When we were approaching GS, saw 2 other couples that had just arrived at the "seating" area there. A woman walked up to all of us and took us a different way to where the front of the tender line started. We got right on. But, remember, it doesn't help on the return trip. But, I have noticed that it is more staggered then and not everyone trying to board at once.

We had FTTF last cruise on magic. Wanted to board tender about 9 or 10, don'r remember, but not real early. Could see lines of people waiting for elevators and up and down stairs. When we were approaching GS, saw 2 other couples that had just arrived at the "seating" area there. A woman walked up to all of us and took us a different way to where the front of the tender line started. We got right on. But, remember, it doesn't help on the return trip. But, I have noticed that it is more staggered then and not everyone trying to board at once.

Perfect, that is exactly what I was hoping for!

That is exactly how it works. The only downside are the stares and sometimes comments (Who do they think THEY are?) that you sometimes receive. Once, the person just left us there to crash the line on our own. It was not a pretty sight. Usually, however, they walk you to the front of the line.

Just curious from fellow cruisers if paying extra to board the ship early is worth it. Are there truly any advantages to it? Why is getting on board first so crucial to people?

Worth every dollar!!!! Buy it before its gone.

I am definitely a pretty cheap person in general. With that being said, I try to never sail without FTTF. It is so worth it for us. On my last cruise, there looked to be an hour long line at GS the last night of the cruise. It was so nice to just wait a couple of minutes before getting waited on and go back to enjoying my last precious night of the cruise.

I used FTTF before reaching platinum and absolutely loved it and would recommend it to others. Early boarding for those like me that are at the port early as possible. Room ready upon boarding. The line at GS, this is my favorite benefit and the tender priority all combined make this a very good value for me. Only need to purchase once for the entire cabin.

FTTF is worth it for me. I am no where near platinum, and doubt that I will ever get there on Carnival, so FTTF, gives me a chance to avoid a long line. I have back problems and have pain if I have to stand for a long time. I also appreciate being able to disembark early if necessary, without having to do self assist. So, yes very much worth it for me. I will be using it for the third time this next cruise.