Oasis... Free coffee?

Hi Everyone... My first cruise is 19 days away, looking forward to it. Trying to find out if coffee if offered for free on the ship. If so, is it offered at certain places? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on your first cruise. Welcome to the addiction.

Coffee is included in your basic cruise fare, no packages needed. It will be available at all restaurants.

EDIT: Just re-read the subject line. Oasis will also have coffee 24 hours at Cafe Promenade.

Edited by clarea

Hi Everyone... My first cruise is 19 days away, looking forward to it. Trying to find out if coffee if offered for free on the ship. If so, is it offered at certain places? Thanks in advance.

WELCOME..You have just started the greatest addiction in your life. I was on my first cruise, and booked another before we left.. Have a blast..

Edited by TigerLady

In addition to the above...you can also order it from room service...a great wakeup call. You'll find the door hang up menus in your cabin...just fill in what you want the night before place it outside your door and it will be there at the time you request. Usually a small tip will be appreciated...so a good idea is to have some $1.00 bills with you too.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Ashland

Note that Cafe Promenade has self-serve free coffee, but they also have "specialty" coffees (latte, cappuccino, etc.) that you pay for just like at Starbucks. (If you have the Replenish or Ultimate drink packages, these would be the included specialty coffees.)

All the dining rooms, Windjammer, and Cafe Promenade have free coffee and hot tea available.

Does anyone know how the Promenade coffee is? I am not a complete coffee snob, but I do love my Starbucks (plain black coffee usually). I have heard that the complementary coffee isn't that good. I'm wondering if I should upgrade my premium drink package to the highest level so I can have some good coffee. I don't want to pay though if it isn't Starbucks quality... thoughts on Promenade coffee?

I just looked at the prices. I am better off just buying my drinks at cost at Starbucks vs. paying $10 more per day. I won't drink that much coffee since I rarely do the sugar/sweet drinks. Still curious, however, how the promenade coffee stacks against the Starbucks level.

Does anyone know how the Promenade coffee is? I am not a complete coffee snob, but I do love my Starbucks (plain black coffee usually). I have heard that the complementary coffee isn't that good. I'm wondering if I should upgrade my premium drink package to the highest level so I can have some good coffee. I don't want to pay though if it isn't Starbucks quality... thoughts on Promenade coffee?

Why don't you wait until you are onboard before you upgrade your package. That way you can sample the Promenade coffee and decide for yourself.

there is a Starbucks on the Oasis....usually went for a couple of morning lattes

ship coffee not bad ..AND there is a donut shop towards the aft of the ship by the carousell ..actually free donuts and coffee...also a Johnny Rockets were breakfast is free and made to order

I believe that they are still using Seattle's Best for the basic Joe. They are owned by Starbucks. That may help you decide.

I drink black coffee and find it to be okay. However, I am not a coffee snob and find most standard roasts to be fine.

Try it when you get onboard and then decide on whether to drink the included beans, get a package, or go by the cup at Starbucks.

Welcome :D BarbG

We are on your same sailing and have a pretty active fun Cruise Critic / fb group for this cruise if you would like to come jump on in & meet some of your fellow cruisers, link below to our roll call and second link is to sign up for the Meet & Mingle if you are interested.

The Oasis will be an amazing first cruise ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2058510

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Note that Cafe Promenade has self-serve free coffee, but they also have "specialty" coffees (latte, cappuccino, etc.) that you pay for just like at Starbucks. (If you have the Replenish or Ultimate drink packages, these would be the included specialty coffees.)

All the dining rooms, Windjammer, and Cafe Promenade have free coffee and hot tea available.

Any complementary eating place will have free coffee, tea & water. In addition to the above, Park Café, Sorrento's, Solarium Bistro, Wipe Out Café & Johnny Rockets, for breakfast

Also, non specialty coffees are included in the Specialty restaurants.