Hal vs O

fred 15

We've experienced AC problems ourselves, on our last cruise we had problems repeatedly over 14 days. On another HAL cruise we had AC in our mid ship cabin but everyone to our right had AC problems for 12 days.

We've been lucky with plumbing but have spoken to many passengers with big issues plumbing wise and we've seen more than a few buckets in hallways collecting leaky water dripping from ceilings.

Well, I haven't been on your cruises and you haven't been on mine. I did try Riviera and was really looking forward to it. Trust me, the staff could learn a LOT from the Prinsendam crew both in service, small touches & how to deal with Noro.

Riviera really disappointed and was costlier than HAL. I wanted to try it so badly after reading about the wonderful food and service and the promises in their brochures.

As a frequent O cruiser said on our cruise - when things go well, O does a good job. When there are problems, they are very poor. Sadly we were on the latter. Never seen so much avoidance in my life.

Not the way for a cruise line of this calibre to be run IMO

If you think the hype about the second rate hacked up Princendam is funny.... you need to read the reviews for the corker of all corkers......The Princess Pacific Princess... CC even lists it as one of the finest luxury ships afloat and the bamboozeled Princess passengers, raving about the intimate luxury after being on one of the princess floating ant farms of 3000+ is funny

They rave about the wonderful 2 seating dining and the inspired british boiled beef dinners... 98% rave, and buy the line, hook line and sinker that they have truly arrived. at the pinnacle of ocean travel They swear that Princess is the finest luxury cruise. there is..

( As a reference, its an R class ship and O just bought the Island Princess, so opulent was this princess sister ship that its only going to cost 40 million dollars to O to bring this Princess crown jewel up to minimum acceptable Oceania standards.....)

HAL catered to a set of passengers, who it cruise after cruise gave them pins and a special lunch ( 0nly for special people of course) and they would not dare ever find such a wonderful cruise that recognized how important they were. Mass hysteria that feeds off a needy life .

Wow - mass hysteria? A bit over the top IMO.

Sorry but you don't know all HAL passengers and general statements like that are simply inaccurate. YOU were one of the reasons we tried Oceania. Sadly, the "experience" you promoted was not the one we got and O doesn't care one way or the other.

So what does anyone here think of Thomas Keller using comfort food ideas on Seabourn??

Knowing Kellers style, it will be comfort foods taken to new heights by the use of the finest ingredients and using the specific comfort food as a base to rise from to a higher level..... what could that dish rise to be in its potential.

Well, I haven't been on your cruises and you haven't been on mine. I did try Riviera and was really looking forward to it. Trust me, the staff could learn a LOT from the Prinsendam crew both in service, small touches & how to deal with Noro.

Riviera really disappointed and was costlier than HAL. I wanted to try it so badly after reading about the wonderful food and service and the promises in their brochures.

As a frequent O cruiser said on our cruise - when things go well, O does a good job. When there are problems, they are very poor. Sadly we were on the latter. Never seen so much avoidance in my life.

Not the way for a cruise line of this calibre to be run IMO

Wow - mass hysteria? A bit over the top IMO.

Sorry but you don't know all HAL passengers and general statements like that are simply inaccurate. YOU were one of the reasons we tried Oceania. Sadly, the "experience" you promoted was not the one we got and O doesn't care one way or the other.

Having cruise a lot on HAL I was constantly amused at the hysteria of the repeat passengers each trying to out cruise the other with their status These people were the norm...wearing their pins like badges of honor. It seemed so silly and yes like a mass hysteria.

I have cruise many times on O on all sizes of ships, and never had a bad experience. Nothing on HAL , from my experience had ever even come close to the O experience... food, ambiance, fellow passengers, service. value.

I single out the Princendam because I knew her when she was launched as a Royal Viking Ship. I was agast as HAL continued to hack away her grandeur, adding more and more cabins every year. You think its your favorite.....cool I feel differently having experienced both.