Escape April 9th any tips?

FunintheSunFL

Looking for any advice for the ship, or ports. Going with a group of 4 on the escape. Two new cruisers, two who have been on only RCL.

In St Thomas, I highly recommend hopping over to St John. It is gorgeous. I do it on my own by grabbing an open air cab and the ferry but I'm sure the ship will offer a few excursions over there.

Magen's Bay in St Thomas is nice too if you don't feel like making the trip to St John.

Not much to do around the port in Nassau. I'm going to do a resort for a day pass to Breezes. $85 all inclusive. Melia has just a pass for $35.

Haven't been to Tortola but the 2 big things are the Baths at Virgin Gorda and I think it's called Jost Van Dyke beach.

We are on Escape this Saturday!

Semi-experienced cruiser here... we are going to Magen's Bay Beach in St. Thomas on our own (don't pay for the ship's shore excursion, it's not worth it, you can just cab there yourself). I have never found much else to do in St. Thomas. In Tortola we booked the Dolphin Discovery on our own. In Nassau we have the $50 shore excursion credit so we are taking the kids on a glass bottom boat.

For things to do on the ship... I think it might be easiest to go to one of the "live" posting threads and read through them. The posters do a good job of discussing what there is to do and what days have what meals in the main dining rooms, etc.

Agree with suggestion to go over to St. John, we did the Champagne Catamaran Snorkel and it was a fun morning out on the water. Had time left over back at St. Thomas to go up the gondola for the views of the bay.

If you want to go to Jost Van Dyke in Tortola, book NOW! That excursion sold out quickly and we couldn't get on it. Then all the locals proceeded to tell us how awesome Jost Van Dyke is. I don't recommend the Tortola island tours, to say the island is "hilly" is an understatement and the whole experience felt very treacherous! We also visited Cane Garden Beach which was "OK", but really busy with tourists. Jost would be your best bet for a beach break.

In Nassau if you want to splurge and have any interest in dolphins, the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim was a favorite with our niece and daughter.

As far as the ship goes -- make a point of going to see Howl at the Moon at least once (we go every night they play, which is 4 times!). They musicians on Escape were not the best I've seen (I loved the ones on Breakaway a couple of years ago the most), but the whole vibe is always fun and festive, and they're certainly still very talented musicians. Also highly recommend the tube water slide (not as scary as it looks), the ropes course (my kid went three times), and a dinner at Le Bistro and/or Teppanyaki. Enjoy!

Looking for any advice for the ship, or ports. Going with a group of 4 on the escape. Two new cruisers, two who have been on only RCL.

Book the comedy club one night (you can make reservations once) and go stand-by other nights. Early shows are family oriented, the late shows are adult oriented (loads of fun).

Spend a little extra on the food. The Food Republic is a fun place to try a new small plates (along with the Tapas bar).

Enjoy the evening deck parties.

The thermal suite is great. Dry saunas, wet saunas, steam room, salt bath, snow room, along with a large hydrotherapy pool with hot, bubbling water. Pre-booked, it's about $200 per person for the week. Lots of loungers and hot stone beds.

We're booked on our second Escape cruise next month. Enjoy!

We loved several things on the Escape. Don't miss the Aqua Racer (tubes) water slide. There are great videos on youtube to give you a preview. Also loved the small plate dishes in Food Republic. Prices are reasonable and food was great. Thought the layout of our balcony cabin and bathroom was really great and balconies were a little larger than those on Getaway/Breakaway. Very beautiful ship....Enjoy!

Make sure to take in one sunset from the Waterfront. Visit Bong at Sugarcane, ask to see " the mouse". Hang out with Beau at District one night. Get the fish and chips and some wings from OSheehans one night at 3 am. Wait to buy t-shirts till the 2 for $20 day, then go crazy on the pool deck with all the other shoppers. Order an exotic entree every night in the Manhattan room and split it with your family, then dance with your spouse after dinner. Eat soft serve ice cream every day by 2:30 pm. Excellent cruise results guaranteed!

I agree with Bong. But go when you have time. His drinks take a while to make and are worth it.

If you're ordering multiple UBP drinks, have a UBP card for each drink. Sometimes they'll just take one, but best to be prepared so other guests aren't delayed.

If you're into the Atrium shows and contests, do not sit in the comfy chairs between the bar and piano. The piano blocks your view. (Except for tv screen contests like trivia.) The perfect couple show is best viewed from O'Sheehan's overlook.

Look at the top of the elevator doors. Some go to higher floors. The up/down arrows in the lobby apply specifically. Most people press all the unlit button for their desired direction. It's annoying to riders in the elevator to stop if you've gotten on another elevator, but it's equally annoying to see an elevator pass you by. There's logic I suppose to having dedicated call buttons. This leads to another tip, use the Close Door button inside the elevator. It really works!

Most of the outdoor bars, on hot days, had self-service ice water at an end of the bar.

The rest of these apply to the 'Away ships and Escape.

If you're going to the bathroom from Headliners, just go out the back door and you're right at the bathroom hallway.

If you're dining at Taste and have to get a buzzer because of a wait, walk over to Savor. You'll probably get a buzzer there too. Keep both and take the first offer. (return both buzzers of course to the respective hostess.) This is of course if you want to minimize your wait.

Oh yeah, and watch out for bacon on the outdoor decks. You'll see caution signs to remind you.

How old is everyone. We just got back.....we did the $49 excursion in st thomas. Megan's bay for 2 hours ans 2hours downtown s hopping. Shopping is best in st Thomas. In tortilla book now we took a catamaran to jost van dyke ... soggy dollar beach and ! Bar home of the pain killer drink. Best excursion ever... the baths are good as well but you need to be in shape for the terrain and caves. Soggy dollar has chairs for free although we were in the water the whole time. Never made it to Nassau we had a medical emergency on board.

We are on Escape this Saturday!

Semi-experienced cruiser here... we are going to Magen's Bay Beach in St. Thomas on our own (don't pay for the ship's shore excursion, it's not worth it, you can just cab there yourself). I have never found much else to do in St. Thomas. In Tortola we booked the Dolphin Discovery on our own. In Nassau we have the $50 shore excursion credit so we are taking the kids on a glass bottom boat.

For things to do on the ship... I think it might be easiest to go to one of the "live" posting threads and read through them. The posters do a good job of discussing what there is to do and what days have what meals in the main dining rooms, etc.

We will be on April 9th and have also booked Dolphin Discovery in Tortola on our own. Would love to hear your experience when you get back. Most info. I'm finding on here about it is older, though Trip Advisor ratings are good. In St. Thomas we are trying the Blackbeard's Castle tour on our own. If that doesn't pan out (cause sometimes I hear the Castle has strange hours) we will go up to Paradise Point. For Nassau we are going to get the Melia Day Pass. Seems like a nice option for kids and not super crowded. Getting excited! Only 2 weeks to go!!

You may have seen this elsewhere, but check out the crepes in the back of the buffet at night.

Visit District Brewhouse when Beau is playing, watch the movies in Spice starting at 8:00.

The emptiest bar is the Cellars wine bar on the Waterfront. The selection is limited, but they have the key liquor choices (better, not well choices).

Don't overlook the Egg Russian Roulette as Silas and Andre make a great pair.

Try all the water slides, they are mild to exhilarating.