Child care on Enchantment OTS?

Hello, we're travelling on the Enchantment in May with our 6 y.o. son and almost 3 y.o. daughter and was wondering if anyone had any experience with using the childcare/ adventure ocean on the Enchantment? Would they be in the same group? And if not, how flexible are they with the age requirement? I'm worried that my daughter would be afraid to be separated from her brother. Any info would be appreciated! Thank you.

Adventure Ocean is set up for ages 3-5 (Aquanauts) and ages 6-8 (Explorers). You mention your 'almost three year old' daughter, will she be three when you board the Enchantment? Here is some info on the AO program, (not sure if they will allow both to be in the same group):

Aquanauts (Ages 3-5)

These little at-sea adventurers will enjoy the magic of Bubbling Potions, uncover the dinosaur-sized secrets of Jurassic Jr., and take over the ship with the Pirate Party Parade. Parents of three-year olds can opt for pagers so that Adventure Ocean staff can stay in touch.

Explorers (Ages 6-8)

Space Mud, Fossil Fever, Meteorology Madness! Hands-on science gets young minds churning – along with explorations of the fine arts with Adventure Art and Adventure Theater. Round out the night with dancing through the decades and ice cream for all.

Regarding childcare, Sitters at Sea offers babysitting in a group setting or individually in your stateroom for a fee, and is based on availability of staff.

I just want to mention that you can consider booking My Time Family Dining (for ages 3-11). Here is info from RCI's website:

Opt for My Family Time Dining® in our main dining room, and your kids will be served right away before Adventure Ocean® staff pick them up for a night of fun. Parents stay behind to relax and continue their meal.

Details

My Family Time Dining is offered for the first seating time in our main dining room, for children ages three to 11. Kids enjoy their meal within 40 minutes of seating, before heading to the evening's Adventure Ocean activities. The program starts the second evening you're onboard. After that, you can use it each evening or whenever you wish.

Reservations

Already booked your cruise? You can easily pre-register online for My Family Time Dining right now. Or, visit the Adventure Ocean Youth Program area while onboard to sign up.

And I just want to mention that the Enchantment has bungee trampolines, for ages six and up. :)

Thank you for your response! My daughter will be 1 month shy of 3 and my son will be 6 so it looks like they wont be in the same group :( AND I am not sure if they would even let her into the aquanauts group seeing that she wont be 3 at the time of sail. Do you happen to know if the aquanauts and explorers stay in somewhat of the same area in adventure ocean? (in case they do make an exception and let her into the aquanauts group?)

You're very welcome, huntr104! For your additional inquiries I would suggest checking the Family Cruises board (found under the Special Interest Cruising forum): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49. You will find threads on Adventure Ocean or can do a Search there.

Regarding age groups on RCI, many say that it depends on the number of children sailing, how mature the child is, and to just ask on board but be prepared for a "no". (It would be great if your daughter could join the Aquanauts!). ;) Keep in mind that the age difference between 3 yrs. old and the Explorer's 6 to 8 yrs. old is rather significant, and the activities are geared toward those ages in each group. Both would have fun meeting new friends and taking part in the many activities offered. :)

Thank you for your response! My daughter will be 1 month shy of 3 and my son will be 6 so it looks like they wont be in the same group :( AND I am not sure if they would even let her into the aquanauts group seeing that she wont be 3 at the time of sail. Do you happen to know if the aquanauts and explorers stay in somewhat of the same area in adventure ocean? (in case they do make an exception and let her into the aquanauts group?)

If your daughter is even a day under 3 she will not be permitted to participate in Adventure Ocean. It's an insurance thing and definitely will not happen. Makes the rest of the question moot.

OH ok... Well i guess i will see when i get on the boat. When i called to reserve our cruise i discussed some of this issue with a customer service rep and they said that they sometimes would allow a child that is very close to age 3 into the 3-5 group (which is why i am putting this question up on a forum to get cruisers input experience).... thanks all for your input or any more to come! :)

she will not be permitted to join the kids club at all. the age you are on the day of embarkation is the one they go by.

OH ok... Well i guess i will see when i get on the boat. When i called to reserve our cruise i discussed some of this issue with a customer service rep and they said that they sometimes would allow a child that is very close to age 3 into the 3-5 group (which is why i am putting this question up on a forum to get cruisers input experience).... thanks all for your input or any more to come! :)

'very close' even if an option would NOT be a month. and the ultimate decision falls to the staff on board. CS reps have no knowledge or expertise in answering many types of questions.