Koningsdam - Tamarind

teamflames

First you tell us your DW is vegan so limited to what she eats and now you tell us you haven't let her have the fun of looking forward to her favorite food at the sushi bar? :eek: Wow....... don't you want her to be as excited about what she will eat as you are? :confused: :D

She is "pescetarian", I just call it "fussy"! Haha

As I am the one doing all the research and she is not interested in joining these boards, I can "control" our experiences ... Haha I wish

All in good fun, we are going to have a blast

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

With the Silk Den Bar now incorporated into Tamarind, I wonder how many guests will try some of their unusual libations if they are not dining there?

No doubt that the Silk Den Bar is underutilized on the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam, but that is part of its charm, at least for me. Pleasant views, a good bartender and wait staff (one), a lack of "noise" preceding a good dinner at Tamarind or elsewhere or on the ship.

And, before the bar opens: an interior space with views, comfortable chairs: a great place for reading or a snooze.

I too could each Sushi or Sashimi 24/7, just add in some Edamame and a bit of Nigori Sake and I am one happy girl :D

My DH does not each Sushi at all, but he happily watches while he enjoys drinking a Kirin or Sapporo :D

As for reporting back, MOST definitely. Startisng two weeks from today when we fly to Rome I will start my "Live From the Koningsdam" I plan to do several updates daily with lots of pictures:) I have already placed my International Plan on my Verizon Wireless and have quite a bit of data i can use. So should be good to go, hoping that HAL for the Koningsdam will offer an Unlimited WiFi Plan because I plan to purchase that as well. I will be posting lots of pictures with my reports.

I can hardly wait to read your live from thread. You put a lot of work into keeping it up to date. Unfortunately I'm going to miss a lot since I'll be leaving shortly after you do. I will catch up when I'm back.

Btw captain Albert blog discusses Tamarind today says it overlooks Seaview deck aft, which differs to other ships which overlook the dome/lido pool. This doesn't mean much to me, not sure if it's a good thing or not. He also confirms above that the bar is gone

I would think the new location of Tamarind would make for excellent views. Seaview Pool, ship's wake, etc. Time it right and you might find a magnificent sunset. :) I'll take a nice two-top by the window. That said, without a Silk Den, I don't know where they will host the LGBT gatherings. Those of us who are into that sort of thing really liked the Silk Den. :( (Or at least I did.)

I would think the new location of Tamarind would make for excellent views. Seaview Pool, ship's wake, etc. Time it right and you might find a magnificent sunset. :) I'll take a nice two-top by the window. That said, without a Silk Den, I don't know where they will host the LGBT gatherings. Those of us who are into that sort of thing really liked the Silk Den. :( (Or at least I did.)

The new arrangement still has a couple of those "cabanas" in there. But if they no longer hold it there, there's lots of other bars and lounges. I'm sure they'll find a spot :)