Regal Premium Mini-Suites L107/L108 - balcony ?

Cruisin4US

Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins recently? Could you please tell me if the outside wall of the balcony is plexi-glass or metal? If it is metal, does it obstruct the outside view much when you're sitting in your cabin?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

would 107/108 be a waste for an october canada cruise? its about 200 bucks more for them vs a regular mini. i know its subjective but i found the patters for last year and it said 50 degrees outside. i pretty much dont think id be sitting outside in 50 so i guess i have my answer but just was curious the cold weather opinion on these

would 107/108 be a waste for an october canada cruise?

Entirely possible. I live along the itinerary route and have taken my daughter trick or treating while wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and have taken her while wearing long underwear, a down jacket, with hat and gloves. You might see a high of 50. Or...It could be 75-80. But odds favor closer to 55-65. Add in the wind factor and it could be chilly out on a forward facing balcony. You should also consider if your itinerary is port intensive such that you would be off the ship much of the time.

We had M 108 earlier this year and while the balcony is terrific you really can't go out there underway in the Caribbean. The forward speed of the boat plus the wind is very uncomfortable out there. Can't imagine going out there in New England while under way.

You will use this balcony only when entering/exiting your ports.........so only you can decide if it's worth the extra$$$$

We had M107 last January. We enjoyed the balcony a lot! However, the first day was chilly, rainy, and windy. The wind whistled through our cabin door like crazy! Amazingly annoying! The rest of the trip, we sunned out there and enjoyed amazing views of the ports.

We have L108 booked for next year. Remember, the cabins themselves are bigger than the average mini. They are truly 2 separate rooms. (check out you tube)Views from the actual cabin are very nice. I don't think I would pay a huge amount over a regular mini, but both years we have gotten a "deal" emailed to us, so we took it! We enjoy Club Class, but wouldn't pay a huge amount for it either. Personally, I wouldn't book these cabins for the balcony, especially in cooler weather. But I would book them for the cabin itself!

Janet

Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins recently? Could you please tell me if the outside wall of the balcony is plexi-glass or metal? If it is metal, does it obstruct the outside view much when you're sitting in your cabin?

Thanks!

There is a very large window in the bedroom, I'd say huge in fact. The view is great from there. We used one of the outside chairs and the chair from the sitting area to relax by those windows daytime. Also great for going to sleep watching the stars after we turned out the lights.

We also had a Balcony Dinner set up in front of that window instead of on the balcony.

We've been in L108 twice on the Royal Princess.

i greatly appreciate all the input and if anyone else has input id appreciate it but from the above info id gather in october i should be happy to pay 200 for the bigger room alone and if i get a nice day in the balcony then im' lucky. on a warmer itinerary this would be a huge bonus though it seems if you are balcony person