Allure of the Seas

My fiancee and I are going on the Allure in November. This is our first time on a boat bigger than the Vision of the seas. We were wondering what are some of the pro tips of the boat that not everyone knows about. Any suggestions on where to eat? What about avoid crowds? I am really excited to go on this boat.

PS. This is my first time posting on the boards :)

There is a current CC user that is on a B2B cruise on the Allure that you might want to check out. He is giving live day-to- day reviews and periscopes. Last week he was on the eastern Caribbean and as of this Sunday he is on the western Caribbean route.

Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327226

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by maalvarez18

My fiancee and I are going on the Allure in November. This is our first time on a boat bigger than the Vision of the seas. We were wondering what are some of the pro tips of the boat that not everyone knows about. Any suggestions on where to eat? What about avoid crowds? I am really excited to go on this boat.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Very helpful people on this forum.

If you want to avoid crowds when eating lunch on the first day, I suggest the Solarium Cafe. It should not be too bad up there.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Very helpful people on this forum.

If you want to avoid crowds when eating lunch on the first day, I suggest the Solarium Cafe. It should not be too bad up there.

Is that a buffet also just with some lighter choices than Windjammer?

Is that a buffet also just with some lighter choices than Windjammer?

Correct, Solarium Cafe is a buffet for breakfast and lunch. In the evening it changes to Samba Grill on Allure and Solarium Bistro on Oasis.

My "pro" tip relates to the crowds. Study the tech plans and learn ways to avoid the crowds. When a show is over people head to the closest elevator. Go to the next elevator. When going from one end of the ship to another going up or down one deck can save you time from trying to get through the promenade.

Welcome.

Having been on Allure and Oasis, I suggest you do your research about the ship. Figure out the deck plans, what is important to you, as you cannot do everything.

Central Park is unique, just a great place to get a drink, a roast beef or salad, nice to listen to music in the evening. If nothing else, be sure to walk through at night.

Check out deck 5 aft and deck 14 bow (you can only get there through the cabin corridor on the Port side).

Notice all of the artwork, some of it is really cool.

Under no circumstance go to the Windjammer when you first get on the ship. Avoid it like the plague.