Tuxedo rentals

If you rent from RCCL, is the price per use or per cruise (i.e. 7 night cruise, two formal nights)? Husband is not the suit type guy, but does enjoy dressing up. May save money in the long run renting for the cruise. Just curious.

Thanks!

Per cruise. I believe they give you a shirt for every formal night.

I was thinking that if I waited to order the tux onboard, they might be out of certain sizes. Maybe I should not be concerned about that?

I've never had a problem and have done it that way every cruise. However, you maybe right on these newer, larger ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've never had a problem and have done it that way every cruise. However, you maybe right on these newer, larger ships.

I just realized that there is a C&A discount for an onboard tux rental, so that settles it for me.

If you rent from RCCL, is the price per use or per cruise (i.e. 7 night cruise, two formal nights)? Husband is not the suit type guy, but does enjoy dressing up. May save money in the long run renting for the cruise. Just curious.

Thanks!

Clarea is correct. The rental is for the entire cruise and you receive 2 shirts. I also remember on my last cruise having a traditional bow tie and cummerbund as well as a long silk tie and vest included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Clarea is correct. The rental is for the entire cruise and you receive 2 shirts. I also remember on my last cruise having a traditional bow tie and cummerbund as well as a long silk tie and vest included.

Do they include bow tie tying lessons?;)

I bought a used rental one, but got tired of packing it. It's so much easier to have it waiting for you and not be all wrinkled up. I still take my own shoes and socks.

I haven't gotten measured in several years. I give them my usual suit jacket size and dress shirt size. You can measure your own pants by either measuring a pair of dress pants you have or have somebody measure you. I usually just go with my most recent pair of levis that fit well.

I have found the tux pants have such a wide range of waist adjustment if you are even close they will fit. It's usually the length you have to be close on.

I have rented many times prior to boarding and was never disappointed. The tux was in the closet waiting for me when entered our cabin. The only problem was could not get them to give me 10% discount was entitled too. They said i needed to rent the tux on the ship and not order in advance. Not getting the discount is not a big deal but was disappointed. Was on the serenade DEC 2015 when this happened.

Edited by hoffyhof

Per cruise. I believe they give you a shirt for every formal night.

Hi Bob,

Once on a 12 night Baltic cruise I rented a tux. It was for the whole cruise, but I only got 2 shirts for three formal nights. I went to guest services and they gave me a voucher to get one shirt cleaned.

I know have my own tux and bring on every cruise.

Manny (from the Vision TA fall 2015)

If he wants to wear a tux, why discourage him? While it may be a minority, I hardly feel alone in "spiffing" myself up for a couple of nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he's one of those with an agenda to "downgrade" and discourage formal nights. There are a few of them around. They're just as bad as the fashion police, who want to dictate that everyone dress formally.

I have rented many times prior to boarding and was never disappointed. The tux was in the closet waiting for me when entered our cabin. The only problem was could not get them to give me 10% discount was entitled too. They said i needed to rent the tux on the ship and not order in advance. Not getting the discount is not a big deal but was disappointed. Was on the serenade DEC 2015 when this happened.

I think that's atypical. If I rent a tux, I always do it in advance, and the coupon discount (once I hit the level that qualified for a discount) has been applied.

Hi Bob,

Once on a 12 night Baltic cruise I rented a tux. It was for the whole cruise, but I only got 2 shirts for three formal nights. I went to guest services and they gave me a voucher to get one shirt cleaned.

I know have my own tux and bring on every cruise.

Manny (from the Vision TA fall 2015)

Thank-you Manny, and I see we were on the same TA.:)

I've had to go to guest devices a time or two, but always got the discount.

I think that's atypical. If I rent a tux, I always do it in advance, and the coupon discount (once I hit the level that qualified for a discount) has been applied.

I've had to go to guest devices a time or two, but always got the discount.

Always got mine too.

I've had to go to guest services a time or two, but always got the discount.

That's good to know. The only experience we've had with tuxedo rental was on a TA, and as I think about it, maybe there was a higher-than-usual demand on that cruise (since it was a 15 night TA) that caused the problem. DH ordered his tux and sent measurements ahead of time, and there was a tux in the closet when we boarded. But the pants weren't hemmed!:eek: Fortunately he discovered this problem immediately because he tried them on.

He had a hard/frustrating time making contact with the tailor person (several phone messages were left, increasing in intensity:rolleyes:), finally got the pants sent back for hemming, and then finally got the pants back about 45 minutes before we had to leave for dinner on the first formal night. He never did go to GS to see about the discount, but we did get some kind of 'compensation' as an apology for his hassle with the pants - I think it was a $25 OBC - which was very nice. (So I guess he really did get that discount after all!:))

Judy