Question on Owners Suite whether is worth it

happytovacation

If staying in an owners suite do you fell any vibrations? Is all sun or do you have some shade. Thing of moving myself and family from Mid ship Mini to owners if possible. Do you think Id be happy in that spot. don't want to get sea sick.

I know on other ships the Vista Lounge you would feel a lot of motion.

I'd appreciate it if you would add your comments. Thanks

If staying in an owners suite do you fell any vibrations? Is all sun or do you have some shade. Thing of moving myself and family from Mid ship Mini to owners if possible. Do you think Id be happy in that spot. don't want to get sea sick.

I think folk's will need which ship you will be on. We just got a OS on Regal for this May. If it is after the 12th I can answer for you.

I would say most aft cabin on ships would be about the same (sea sickness wise) but others may disagree - I have read that the OS on Regal/Royal are not worth the upgrade - what about the forward suites with the really large bedrooms? I would save the money myself based on what other's have posted but it's an individual choice...and we only prefer suites...

When in an Aft suite, during sailing we felt much less motion than in a mid-forward cabin (Window Suite). "Back there" the propellors kind of pin the aft down steady in the water and the fore part will be up and down and up and down bouncing off the swells.

Docking and pulling out sideways of course, at the aft end you feel the Thrusters but that's short-lived.

Advantage: Aft. Bonus points for a Suite.

Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu

Different decks will have different size balconies, amounts of shade and sun. Suggest you google regal aft photograph. You'll get photographs that will show you the relative size, amounts of shade, etc.

We like shade so we prefer Baja and Dolphin which also have the largest balconies. Didn't notice a large amount of motion and minimal soot.

FWIW, we would not book any other cabins on Regal/Royal than the owners suites. We like large balconies. The balconies along the side are very small balconies. The balconies on the front are exposed to large amounts of wind.

When in an Aft suite, during sailing we felt much less motion than in a mid-forward cabin (Window Suite). "Back there" the propellors kind of pin the aft down steady in the water and the fore part will be up and down and up and down bouncing off the swells.

Docking and pulling out sideways of course, at the aft end you feel the Thrusters but that's short-lived.

Advantage: Aft. Bonus points for a Suite.

You may "feel" like the stern does not rise and fall when the bow does but your statement is just not factual, if the bow rises the stern will go down and when the bow goes down the stern WILL rise.....if the stern did not rise when the bow goes down the ship would snap in half.....

Has the "soot issue" been resolved on the Royal class ships? I hear that was affecting Aft cabins and was why we didn't book there (Although I prefer aft).

Another concern is where is the smoking area? If you are bothered by smoke, you want to try to go on the other side.

I would look up cabins as someone else has suggested to see if you like the outside set up.

Good luck choosing to stick to your mini or switching to a suite :)

We were in an owners suite on the Regal in February, it was great, the soot issue was minimal we have booked an owners suite on the same level on the Royal for next April.:)

Ship?

You may "feel" like the stern does not rise and fall when the bow does but your statement is just not factual, if the bow rises the stern will go down and when the bow goes down the stern WILL rise.....if the stern did not rise when the bow goes down the ship would snap in half.....

Depends entirely upon where the center of balance is for the ship. It is not necessarily in the exact middle of the ship. In fact, I would expect it to be nearer the rear. The ship will pivot around this center of balance.

Just my opinion, but I would not book an Owner's Suite again on Royal or Regal. The cabin itself is no larger than a Vista Suite on the Grand Class ships and the balcony, though huge, was pretty much unusable due to a covering of oily soot every morning and a lack of shade for most of every day. Not worth the price. Stick with the mini.