Breakfast in Basseterre

PamJack

Can anyone recommend a good breakfast restaurant in Basseterre, preferably walking distance from the pier? We are hoping to find one that serves later than 11, just in case we are delayed. Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a good breakfast restaurant in Basseterre, preferably walking distance from the pier? We are hoping to find one that serves later than 11, just in case we are delayed. Thanks!

If just a light breakfast or hearty brunch, then consider The Gallery Cafe in the main square. A family business, not yet invaded by the herds, serving very nice food and coffee, in a place where the artwork on the walls can be purchased.

Enjoy :)

Thank you for the suggestions! Our ship does not stock until 10 o'clock, so that eliminates Palm Court Gardens because they only serve until 11. I doubt if we could get off the ship and be there before 11. Ballahoo sounded good too, but again the timing doesn't work. I will check about the Gallery Café. Your ideas are greatly appreciated!

It'll be 11:30-11:45 before you leave the ship, depending upon customs clearance. So eat breakfast on board and then head to any of the 3 mentioned here for lunch.

Thanks!! Glad to hear the timing estimate. I don't eat breakfast, Jack does, so I was trying to find a place where he could have a late breakfast once we disembark. He may have to eat on the ship. I will definitely have lunch at one of those great places.

Thank you for the suggestions! Our ship does not stock until 10 o'clock, so that eliminates Palm Court Gardens because they only serve until 11. I doubt if we could get off the ship and be there before 11. Ballahoo sounded good too, but again the timing doesn't work. I will check about the Gallery Café. Your ideas are greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by crewsweeper View Post

It'll be 11:30-11:45 before you leave the ship, depending upon customs clearance. So eat breakfast on board and then head to any of the 3 mentioned here for lunch.

If you dock at 10:00 am, you should be off the ship at 10:30- 10:45 the absolute latest

If you dock at 10:00 am, you should be off the ship at 10:30- 10:45 the absolute latest

Thanks!

oops, my bad, I though the ship wasn't getting into port until 11 :o.

Even so, that's getting late for breakfast. I'd think lunch would open up options.