Is there a "do not miss" show?

MaiTaiMary

What I meant was.. Carnival's definition of a "playlist show". It's obvious it hasn't been very well received by passengers and doesn't have good reviews. I just don't understand what Carnival is referred to by having "playlist" shows.

Always enjoy the Love and Marriage show.

Fun to see the Hasbro, Towel Animal Theater and Suess at least once.

Best show though is watching the people go by anywhere on deck 2 or the Lido. :D

Edited by SadieN

Last good shows I saw were the Big Easy and Ticket to Ride. Avoid anything that refers to "Playlist Productions". What little good music they play is overshadowed by a very irritating laser light show of some sort that is hard to watch.

On the Liberty repo to Galveston we went and saw two, Wonderful World started off really well but seemed to lose it's way towards the end and we left before the finale.

The other one was the "Singing with the Big Band" which was a tribute to Sammy Davis Jr and Frank Sinatra, the main singer was Christopher Alan Graves, if you get the chance to see it it is not to be missed. Best rendition of "Mr. Bojangles" I have ever seen, and the rest of the show was not too far behind. Him doing some of Franks standards with members of the audience was awesome. Absolutely wonderful show, Carnival - you do show us what you can put on - how about doing it a little more often?

Edited by idlenote

Hasbro is awful (unless you are 12 years old.)

The playlist shows are not as bad as many say - mediocre at best.

Some of the ships that have fly-on performers are very good - magicians, jugglers, etc.

The BEST (if they have it) and DON'T MISS is the hypnotist!

Hasbro is awful (unless you are 12 years old.)

The playlist shows are not as bad as many say - mediocre at best.

Some of the ships that have fly-on performers are very good - magicians, jugglers, etc.

The BEST (if they have it) and DON'T MISS is the hypnotist!

What ship has a hypnotist?

DH and I saw Epic Rock on our last cruise on the Glory. DH hates this type of show, but we actually went to both showings of it. The female lead just killed it on a Heart song. Really entertaining with the singers/dancers interacting with the screen behind them. Of course, the songs were pretty much all the ones I loved back in the day ;), (Bon Jovi, Starship, Queen, Journey etc.) so others might find it not so entertaining.

DH and I saw Epic Rock on our last cruise on the Glory. DH hates this type of show, but we actually went to both showings of it. The female lead just killed it on a Heart song. Really entertaining with the singers/dancers interacting with the screen behind them. Of course, the songs were pretty much all the ones I loved back in the day ;), (Bon Jovi, Starship, Queen, Journey etc.) so others might find it not so entertaining.

Not a fan of playlist but they do a good job with Bohemian Rhapsody. Only playlist show we have seen more than once.

What ship has a hypnotist?

Potentially they all can. They are a fly in do you never know who you'll get. Some are good, some are lousy. All seem to follow the same general script. Prefer Hasbto over a hypnotist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Many like to rail on the Playlist Productions, but you'll see that on here for many things. We saw Epic Rock and really enjoyed it. We're both musicians and thought they had talented vocalists. The production of it can be a little corny but the performances were VERY good. I compare this to a step above a Theme Park vocal show. Kind of like a Vegas show.

We also always enjoy Love and Marriage.

Check out a show from each (usually two) comedian early in your trip. They usually do multiple shows with different topics through the week. When you see one you like you can see another couple later in the week.

Edited by musikfans

Potentially they all can. They are a fly in do you never know who you'll get. Some are good, some are lousy. All seem to follow the same general script. Prefer Hasbto over a hypnotist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cool, I'll look out for it! I never saw one before.

I do remember enjoying Epic Rock but not Divas. What is unforgettable to me is how much we disliked the Hasbro show. It was our first cruise together, just six weeks after we met. Neither one of us wanted to look mean or unreasonable or picky, so we stuck it out about 15 minutes before we couldn't stand it any longer. Now, after almost three years together, we wouldn't make it past the first three minutes.

These shows are on the Imagination and I avoided them. I wish 88 keys was on miracle, I've heard that is excellent.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Many like to rail on the Playlist Productions, but you'll see that on here for many things. We saw Epic Rock and really enjoyed it. We're both musicians and thought they had talented vocalists. The production of it can be a little corny but the performances were VERY good. I compare this to a step above a Theme Park vocal show. Kind of like a Vegas show.

We also always enjoy Love and Marriage.

Check out a show from each (usually two) comedian early in your trip. They usually do multiple shows with different topics through the week. When you see one you like you can see another couple later in the week.

It seems like at least 75% of cruisers who have seen the old style production shows think they are substantially better than the playlist shows.

Once upon a time love and marriage was an afternoons entertainment during a sea day. Now they use it to eliminate a flyon.

BTW most of the CD's running the show will change answers to make the show funnier.

I enjoyed the playlist shows on Freedom last year. I was not impressed with the shows on Dream aside from Dancing in the streets.

As far as young children...I don't think either show would entertain them. Hasbro might, we disliked it, but we are older.

Its hard to say what you will like...go and try it. You can always leave!

Forgot about the Love & Marriage show. It was at 2:30 on the last Sea Day on the Breeze. If the Cruise Director has any personality this IS must see. This is Carnival's version of the Newlywed Game. The Hasbro was a total bust. Technology kept failing. Not ready for Prime Time. The annoying part of the Playlist Productions was the LED scenery. They pared down the performers so they make most of the backdrops look like extra people were on stage. Good effect, but pretty lame.

The only one on the Miracle I enjoyed was the 80's show (not Epic Rock which sucks) don't recall the name. 88 Keys was nothing big abd I don't recall the third they had.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Staff talent show. Not sure if they have this on every cruise ship. Some of the ship staff ( not the show performers) are really good at singing, dancing or playing a musical instrument. I was impressed.

Edited by sfaaa

These shows are on the Imagination and I avoided them. I wish 88 keys was on miracle, I've heard that is excellent.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Yes, thank you. This (88 keys) was the one I had forgotten the name of. We thought this show was very good.

Staff talent show. Not sure if they have this on every cruise ship. Some of the ship staff ( not the show performers) are really good at singing, dancing or playing a musical instrument. I was impressed.

Have seen some excellent ones. Usually done when flyon misses the ship and they need to do something else.

• 11 months later...

Oh yes the Hasbro shows are BAAAAD. Nothing like sitting around watching other people on stage have fun. A big yawn fest. I guess its a lot cheaper to have the passengers try to entertain you, than to hire any decent entertainment themselves.

The playlist shows arent BAD. But they certainly arent any GOOD either.

When it comes to the Playlist productions, those that were born prior to 1960 seem to hate them...those born between 1960 and 1980ish and enjoy pop and rock from the 70's and 80's will probably enjoy them.

Would a live band make it better? Sure it would, but the lack of doesn't ruin if for me, because they are mostly songs I grew up with and love!

I CANNOT BELIEVE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED "FLICK" !!! Its a new show ... debued on the Conquest back in October ... Its the BEST show ive ever seen on a CCL ship.

I saw it again recently on VISTA ... was just as impressive as the first time I saw it. I'm hoping it's also on the Sunshine in a couple months ... I'll see it a third time.

FLICK is the only show ever that I "wanted" to see twice, let alone three times.

I agree that the other shows are not really entertaining at all ... Flick is the first one that has some really cool effects (they do some things with a circle of fans and scarves, it's so cool to watch!)

If you see "FLICK" offered on your ship, ITS A MUST SEE!!!!!!!