Koningsdam cinema?

mancunian

I have been looking for this on the plans but have been unable to find. Does anyone know if there is a cinema. I do hope so - we are not really into shows - too loud and flashing lights - but really enjoy two or three trips to the cinema.

I have been looking for this on the plans but have been unable to find. Does anyone know if there is a cinema. I do hope so - we are not really into shows - too loud and flashing lights - but really enjoy two or three trips to the cinema.

There isn't a "Screening Room" as the Signature Class, Oosterdam and Zuiderdam have.

But the Queen's Lounge has a screen that can lower from above the stage, and the Lido Pool area has a large screen and they have mentioned night time movies under the stars. Whether it will only be the Lido Pool or they may utilize the Queen's Lounge for movies too, has not been mentioned.

I would love the movies also

The old Celebrity Century had a great cinema

The Celebrity small theater had movies just about every day -- very enjoyable

Hoping our 1st HAL konigsdam sailing has indoor movies as well

We enjoyed the outdoor movies under the stars but not as much as inside. And I know on some cruise lines PAX movies playing on deck during the days can interfere with the peace & quiet.

[emoji924][emoji41]

An excellent and interesting question by the OP. If the Queen's Lounge is going to be the "home" for entertainment such as B.B. King's Blues Club, then evening movies in that venue would be rare, if at all.

Maybe afternoon movies in the Queen's Lounge? If the TV's are truly interactive and have a broad menu, I wonder if HAL thinks us movie viewers would prefer to see them in our stateroom rather than in a lounge? (Room Service delivery of popcorn will be required, if this is the plan.)

Movies out on Lido Deck: just not the same.

I am disappointed there isn't a screening room like on the NA. We typically take in at least one movie every cruise.

The movies on demand in your suite are great, but the selection is not that great. I also wonder how often HAL adds to the selection, as frequent cruisers may find there is very little to watch.

The movies under the stars at the Lido deck sounds like fun. I just wonder with the sound and interruptions of people walking through the area while a movie is playing.

The movies on demand in your suite are great, but the selection is not that great. I also wonder how often HAL adds to the selection, as frequent cruisers may find there is very little to watch.

This feature is relatively new and definitely not fleetwide. Have you already been on a ship offering this, or are you comparing to similar experiences on other cruise lines?

The movies on demand in your suite are great, but the selection is not that great.

Agreed. There is depth in the offerings, but the breadth that was there under the DVD system is gone.

This feature is relatively new and definitely not fleetwide. Have you already been on a ship offering this, or are you comparing to similar experiences on other cruise lines?

It was on the NA on our December cruise. I liked it a lot. On previous HAL cruises we never watched a DVD in our cabin but with the ease of the new system, we did. I was expecting that the entire previous DVD would be available, but it wasn't. I am hoping that HAL will add to the selection over time. We only found a couple of movies to watch.

It was on the NA on our December cruise. I liked it a lot. On previous HAL cruises we never watched a DVD in our cabin but with the ease of the new system, we did. I was expecting that the entire previous DVD would be available, but it wasn't. I am hoping that HAL will add to the selection over time. We only found a couple of movies to watch.

Thanks for the extra info

One thing about the new Movies on Demand is that they don't replay the movie that's shown in the theatre in the previous day. When I spoke to the tech person on the Eurodam last fall, he indicated that it was due to licensing issues and he hoped it would be resolved over time. Also, we will often bring our own DVD's on board like HBO series we want to catch up on, but with the MOD, there's no player in the room.

I am definitely excited about the "movies under the stars"! (MUTS)

Our group has a late dinner seating and I can't think of any more fun that just heading up to the Lido Pool for a relaxing after dinner drink, grabbing a lounge chair and relaxing watching whatever movie before retiring to my cabin.

Could it be noisy - sure! Is it something I am worried about......no way. I would much rather be out and about on the ship than in the cabin watching the tv. I can do that at home........not while on the cruise!

Edited by SC_GAY_Cruiser