Royal replenishment -worth it on allure?

I had this on a five night sailing on Liberty and I liked it but not sure if it's too expensive for a seven night. I used it to get special coffee but since this ship has Starbucks I can see getting a few there. Can you get it midweek if you want and just pay for remaining days?

I had this on a five night sailing on Liberty and I liked it but not sure if it's too expensive for a seven night. I used it to get special coffee but since this ship has Starbucks I can see getting a few there. Can you get it midweek if you want and just pay for remaining days?

You can get the package as long as you have at least 4 days left. Whenever you buy the package, it starts immediately and it has to last until the end of the cruise. You can only purchase for a partial cruise when you are onboard.

Edited by clarea

You don't have to get your coffees at Starbucks. The cafe promenade has all the specialty coffees just like on the other ships. DW has had the package on both Allure and Oasis and has gotten her money's worth.

Do you get that cool cup(we have two at home) and does it work in machines around the ship Liberty didn't have the machines with the chips

You do get the special cup, but Liberty does not have the Freestyle machines.

if you're ok with the coffee drinks at the cafe promenade (which are usually seattles best, not starbucks), i would get the package on allure. allure has the freestyle machines, which are an extra bonus. i've found that having the freestyle machines usually makes the difference as to whether i come out ahead on the package or not, as i don't drink a lot of regular soda but like the funky flavors in the machines. You do get the special cup.

the package does not work at the starbucks stand-alone kiosks on allure. if you want starbucks coffee, as opposed to the seattles best served at the cafe promenade, it might not be worth it to get the package. you'd either be paying for a package and then paying extra for starbucks, or you'd be drinking the seattles best because its in the package and wishing it was starbucks. :p

Edited by karmacats

Quick related question since I am also considering this package on a ship that has a Starbucks, is Starbucks included with the specialty coffees in this package?

My traveling companion is a Starbucks fiend so she will really want to be sure of that if she gets this package.

Quick related question since I am also considering this package on a ship that has a Starbucks, is Starbucks included with the specialty coffees in this package?

My traveling companion is a Starbucks fiend so she will really want to be sure of that if she gets this package.

Coffee from the dedicated Starbucks venue is not included in any package.

Tell her to check the coffee in Cafe Promenade. Sometime they use Starbucks beans in the specialty coffee.

Thanks, I'll tell her that. I mean, she'd be more disappointed if she got the package not knowing that.

For me it's good to know but it's not a big deal for me. I know I can't drink enough alcohol to justify one of those packages but I might well be able to make use of this one. It's good to know about the Freestyle since I'd wondered if that was in this same package too.

Honestly, there's a part of me that could just drink lots of iced tea and be happy. As I understand, that's "free" but is the free stuff limited to mealtimes? I'm someone who drinks a lot of fluids, but honestly, I drink a lot of water and iced tea.

I have been thinking about fresh-squeezed orange juice though ...

Thanks, I'll tell her that. I mean, she'd be more disappointed if she got the package not knowing that.

For me it's good to know but it's not a big deal for me. I know I can't drink enough alcohol to justify one of those packages but I might well be able to make use of this one. It's good to know about the Freestyle since I'd wondered if that was in this same package too.

Honestly, there's a part of me that could just drink lots of iced tea and be happy. As I understand, that's "free" but is the free stuff limited to mealtimes? I'm someone who drinks a lot of fluids, but honestly, I drink a lot of water and iced tea.

I'd tell her to wait until she is onboard to purchase. That way she can confirm exactly what is available on that ship and on that cruise. They may not even be using Starbucks beans in Cafe Promenade.

The "iced tea" is available whenever the Windjammer is open. Early in the morning until 9:30 at night, with a brief closing pre-dinner. (most ships have this closure; not 100% positive if Allure does, too)

I also like sparkling water with lime and I assume I would be charged extra ordering that in the main dining room without the package?

Yes, they sell Pellegrino for around $3 a bottle.

Ok and pellegrino is included with royal replenishment. Sounds temping and I'm ok with the other coffee place too.. Could I also use it to order cappuccino in the dining room?

Yes, no problem ordering specialty coffee in restaurants.