S-Class Sunset Veranda ?

stleda124

Which deck would be better to book a sunset veranda on for the Reflection. Deck 7 or Deck 6? Does Deck 7 look down on deck 6? I booked deck 7 because the name of the deck is "Sunset" so I figured its probably the "premier deck" but after looking at some photos is 6 a better deck?

any help would be appreciated. I still have tons of time to change and the rooms i like are available so no issue there.

thanks!

Look at the deck plans. A good rule of thumb is to always book cabins on a deck that has cabins above you and below you. That is not the case on deck 6 - there are entertainment spaces below. On the S class, the aft decks are "stepped"; people can look down at you when you are near the railing (unless you are on the deck 12).

IMHO, Deck 7 is a better choice than 6, but I prefer a deck higher up.

Look at the deck plans. A good rule of thumb is to always book cabins on a deck that has cabins above you and below you. That is not the case on deck 6 - there are entertainment spaces below. On the S class, the aft decks are "stepped"; people can look down at you when you are near the railing (unless you are on the deck 12).

IMHO, Deck 7 is a better choice than 6, but I prefer a deck higher up.

Hmmm. That's good to know. If you were to pick your deck. Which one would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have stayed on Deck 6 on the Eclipse and deck 8 on Equinox - loved both locations!!! If you take the stairs often (as we did), deck 8 is a bit closer to everything - however, that would be minimal in the decision-making in my opinion. On deck 6 there is a blue deck-part that extends beyond the balcony, but no one below you. On deck 8 you can see people below you at the railing (and above if you look up) as others have mentioned.

For our next cruise we have booked, we chose a SV cabin with a larger balcony, which happens to be on deck 6 - we are very happy with this!

First I'd see if one of the wider balconies were available, the deck would come next.

Take a look at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2331842

Just be aware that the cabin numbers can vary from ship to ship, so be sure to double check when booking.

Edited by sippican

I wanted a sunset veranda after several cruises and booked a deck 12 cabin with a huge balcony on the century for a MarchApril 2015 Singapore to Dubai cruise. The cabin was nice, the balcony huge. However, cruising near the equator, even in late March, early April, it is HOT. The balcony was exposed and for most of the cruise, we could not use the balcony due to the heat. The cruise also went to India and it is HOT even in early April.

I learned something important. pick your cabin to suit the weather and temp. We would have done better on that cruise with a covered balcony and the wind to cool us. Instead we had no wind and lots of sun.

We booked an aft balcony for our Alaska cruise, where the sun will be a blessing and wind not so much.

I've been in a deck 6 SV and really liked it. No-one looks up at you. The deck below is the Tuscan Grill restaurant and absolutely no issue with noise. This is the view to balcony rail.

2750902890054958397uhoPtS_fs.jpg

Phil