Hair dryers on Getaway

elliotterae

So I've seen pictures and read about the horrible box dryers on many ships. I know I read somewhere that some ships had normal dryers but I can't find it and don't remember which one.

What type of hair dryer is on Getaway (family suites if it matters)

Will my hair dryer work if I bring it? I've read of needing an adapter, of being confiscated, etc but everything I've read has ran together and I can't remember what applied.

My daughters and I all have thick, thick hair and lots of it. We won't blow dry every day but if we do want to look nice for dinner I don't want to spend 3 hours with a joke of a dryer.

And a flat iron? Does this pull too much voltage?

I don't know the answers about Getaway, but I can tell you I was on Spirit (much older ship) last month, brought my own hair dryer, and blew the fuse or whatever when I tried to use the outlet.

I've been on the Getaway twice and used the provided hair dryer both times. It worked just as well as my dryer at home. The hair dryers I've encountered on Carnival & Princess have been pretty bad, but this one was good. It got hot enough to work well and the air had plenty of force.

I don't have any personal experience of this, but have read several times that it will blow a fuse if you try to use one from home.

The hair dryer on Getaway is great, it is the only cruise where I have not brought my hair dryer. I brought my flat iron and had no issues. We are sailing Getaway again in May and I won't be dragging my hair dryer this time either.

So I've seen pictures and read about the horrible box dryers on many ships. I know I read somewhere that some ships had normal dryers but I can't find it and don't remember which one.

What type of hair dryer is on Getaway (family suites if it matters)

Will my hair dryer work if I bring it? I've read of needing an adapter, of being confiscated, etc but everything I've read has ran together and I can't remember what applied.

My daughters and I all have thick, thick hair and lots of it. We won't blow dry every day but if we do want to look nice for dinner I don't want to spend 3 hours with a joke of a dryer.

And a flat iron? Does this pull too much voltage?

My sister and I both have crazy thick (obnoxiously so) and long hair. It takes us about 45ish minutes with my "747 jet engine" (you get the picture) to dry it. We were on the Getaway in January, and found the hair dryers on board to be pretty good. I was able to dry my hair in about the same amount of time it would take me at home.