Pacific Coastal A1 to concierge

suec12

After final payment now - I am thinking about requesting a change from my verandah A1 cabin to a concierge on deck 8. I know I can't get any credit / refund - the concierge is cheaper now of course than what I paid. I think these cabins are a bit more spacious? Can we get shrimp cocktail for afternoon tasties? On the website there are pretty much just low prices, no big, better, best - of course I want to keep my perks.

My AI faces the land for the sail but another poster suggested that the sea side might be better for sunsets?

No shrimp cocktail. Some uninteresting canapes. Sorry.

The concierge cabins are a bit larger on M class ships. Same on S class.

Really does not matter as you are well off shore and as for sunsets they are really best on deck. While cruising the veranda is usually very cool on coastal cruises.

Question? Are you in an A1 or a 1A cabin? A1 is aqua class and you get everything concierge gets plus Blu for breakfast and dinner. This includes the larger cabin on the M class ships.

If you are in 1A cabin, a move to a C cabin would be a step up, larger cabin, sparkling wine, departure lounge etc.

Could you post if you are able to change your cabin to one that now costs less? I was told the new cabin had to be at least a dollar more to upgrade after final payment so it will be interesting to know what happens. There were people on our Holy Land cruise in 2014 who could not upgrade from OV to Aqua because they had actually paid more for their OV when they booked. I dont know if it got sorted out but I always book the cheapest category I could live with hoping to be able to pay for an upgrade after final payment. So I would be interested in knowing your outcome.

In the past we have gotten shrimps with cocktail sauce or crackers and cheese plate instead of the canapés.

In Concierge for shrimp cocktail vice canapé's all you have to do is ask....ask and ye shall receive..... no ask, no get....:D

Thanks to both of you for posting the correct information.

Well it wasn't easy (wait time, switching etc.) but in the end, yes! I was able to switch, keep the drink package and even got a bit more OBC without having to pay more. Pleasantly surprised.

And thanks to fellow posters, I'll be enjoying my shrimp cocktail out on my balcony.