Forgive my ocd Emerald Deck minis

CU64

Crown Princess to Alaska early May

We have E730 and E726 (Port)... E721, E723, E725 (Starboard) just popped up.

I know all about the possible Club Fusion noise.

Please give me subjective advise from those of you who know the details.

Thanking you in advance.

Barbara

As far as Club Fusion is concerned we have stayed in most of the starboard minis on Emerald and have not had noise problems from there or anywhere else. They are great cabins and our favourites. Not tried the port side ones so cannot comment.

Crown Princess to Alaska early May

We have E730 and E726 (Port)... E721, E723, E725 (Starboard) just popped up.

I know all about the possible Club Fusion noise.

Please give me subjective advise from those of you who know the details.

Thanking you in advance.

Barbara

We had the same location as your E730 on the Star (E728, great balcony, btw), but, the location of the stage in the Vista Lounge, like you have with the club Fusion, was a little loud at times. If you don't like some noise occasionally later in the evening the starboard side may be better. The further away from the stage, port or starboard seemed to have no noise issues from the people that we spoke with. BTW, if you like being out later in the evening or don't want to take naps during the day, then the current cabins might be fine.

Starboard cabins on Emerald deck do not hear sounds from below. It's mostly the last two cabins on the port side. IMHO, any starboard cabin would be great. I've had E725 on the Crown and two other ships and never heard anything.

Starboard cabins on Emerald deck do not hear sounds from below. It's mostly the last two cabins on the port side. IMHO, any starboard cabin would be great. I've had E725 on the Crown and two other ships and never heard anything.

What say you, Pam? When I booked, only E70 and E26 available. Going to Glacier Bay this cruise.

BL

We found that these starboard minis on Golden had a foul sewerage smell and from a lot of reports this occurs on a few Princess ships, balcony not usable while the ship is in motion.

Was this caused by the venting of ships fumes nearby?

Was it noticeable all the time or just when the wind was in a certain direction?

What say you, Pam? When I booked, only E70 and E26 available. Going to Glacier Bay this cruise.

BL

I'd book E725 in a heartbeat. I've never heard any noise nor had unusual smells.

There are times in port when the ship is being refueled when you'll have odors if the barge is on the starboard side. Not very often.

Club Fusion shuts down too early at night to be an issue for very long. (The action moves to Skywalker's.)

Those minis at the back, E730 and 731, are the best minis with extra-sized balconies.

I loved that area on Emerald on three cruises (Crown and Caribbean) for the relative quiet, as well as convenience to the stairs/elevators to get to Promenade and everywhere else.

Noooo smells.

Instead of Karaoke, they have the Voice at Sea. So this involves rehearsals. Normally, the bass thing does not bother me as it normally ends around 11 pm. Under this new format with the Voice, they have rehearsals which makes taking a nap impossible. Emerald deck mini suites are our choice. if it were me, I would go with one of the Starboard side.

Hi,

In September 2015, I had E727 on the Crown Princess. I liked this mini-suite and did not have any noise (or other) problems. This mini-suite is great because the balcony is fully covered and the location is very convenient (near the aft stairs and elevators). I would definitely book this again in the future.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

Instead of Karaoke, they have the Voice at Sea. So this involves rehearsals. Normally, the bass thing does not bother me as it normally ends around 11 pm. Under this new format with the Voice, they have rehearsals which makes taking a nap impossible. Emerald deck mini suites are our choice. if it were me, I would go with one of the Starboard side.

I might have to switch to starboard because of this very thing.

BL

I agree that E727 is a good choice - we've had it on the Ruby and Emerald and have just booked it again for 2017 on the Caribbean Princess. No noise from Club Fusion and convenient to the dining room and Horizon Court.

E 731 is my go to cabin that I always try to book. On my upcoming Alaska cruise on the Ruby it was already gone, so I booked E730, for the same extended balcony. Noise usually is not an issue for me. Actually looking forward to seeing if it makes a major difference or if its much ado about nothing....

E 731 is my go to cabin that I always try to book. On my upcoming Alaska cruise on the Ruby it was already gone, so I booked E730, for the same extended balcony. Noise usually is not an issue for me. Actually looking forward to seeing if it makes a major difference or if its much ado about nothing....

I called Princess and got the above info as the Voice of the Seas rehearsals during the day might have moved me to starboard. I think we are going to stay with E730 and hope that Club Fusion shuts down by 11 on the Alaska early May cruise.

I am doing this as I think I want to go Northbound on Port, RT from Vancouver.

Barbara