Confused about larger balconies...

tensixmom

I thought when I had originally looked at some deck plans, the balconies on the Dolphin deck appeared larger than most others, but now that I have been reading on CC more, it seems that the balconies on the Caribe deck are the larger ones. Am I confused, or does it vary from ship to ship? I am looking at a west coast cruise next year and would love to secure a larger balcony but I don't even know what I am looking for half the time.

Also... for those of you able to book specific desirable cabins, are you doing this on the website? Can you use the website to pinpoint a specific cabin (like type in a cabin number) or do you have to through the room type/area/floor selection steps?

Thanks!

I thought when I had originally looked at some deck plans, the balconies on the Dolphin deck appeared larger than most others, but now that I have been reading on CC more, it seems that the balconies on the Caribe deck are the larger ones. Am I confused, or does it vary from ship to ship? I am looking at a west coast cruise next year and would love to secure a larger balcony but I don't even know what I am looking for half the time.

Also... for those of you able to book specific desirable cabins, are you doing this on the website? Can you use the website to pinpoint a specific cabin (like type in a cabin number) or do you have to through the room type/area/floor selection steps?

Thanks!

If you are looking to book a Grand Class ship, the Caribe deck balcony cabins are the ones with the larger balconies. Dolphin deck on Grand Class ships are essentially all mini-suites, with the exception of the very aft (full suites and deluxe balcony cabins I believe)

Thanks!

I'm thinking you are speaking about one of the Grand Class Ships and not the Island, Coral, Royal, Regal, Dawn, Sea, Sun or Pacific. On Grand Class ships the Dolphin Deck (deck 9) is all mini suites. and they have 9'x6' balconies that are not covered. The Caribe Deck (deck 10) has all balcony cat. cabins with 9'x9' balconies half covered. Aft facing cabins on both decks have different size balconies.

If you are looking to book a Grand Class ship, the Caribe deck balcony cabins are the ones with the larger balconies. Dolphin deck on Grand Class ships are essentially all mini-suites, with the exception of the very aft (full suites and deluxe balcony cabins I believe)

I'm thinking you are speaking about one of the Grand Class Ships and not the Island, Coral, Royal, Regal, Dawn, Sea, Sun or Pacific. On Grand Class ships the Dolphin Deck (deck 9) is all mini suites. and they have 9'x6' balconies that are not covered. The Caribe Deck (deck 10) has all balcony cat. cabins with 9'x9' balconies half covered. Aft facing cabins on both decks have different size balconies.

That must be it... I had no idea I was looking at different classes of ships! I have so much still to learn....

Thank you!

One minor correction, Dolphin and Emerald deck mini-suite balconies are 9'x7' except on the Diamond and Sapphire where they are at least 9'x8.' Edited by IECalCruiser

• 1 month later...
Which decks have larger balconies on the Royal?
The Grand class and the Coral/Island have a "Wedding Cake" design with balconies on lower extending further than on upper with Caribe, Dolphin and Emerald decks having larger balconies. The Royal/Regal have straight sides so no deck has larger balconies than others. There are some locations on each deck with larger balconies.

The true aft balconies' date=' Cat D4, have the largest balconies.[/quote']The D4s are a mixed bag with Emerald, Caribe and Aloha deck balconies approximately 5'x9' and uncovered, Dolphin and Baja deck balconies approximately 9'x9' and half covered and Riviera and Marina deck balconies approximately 9'x9' and uncovered.