waitlisted

downrunner

I Recently booked a Western Carib cruise out of New Orleans for May 22nd. When we booked it was for early seating dining. Just printed out our documents and it shows "wait listed". We'll that's alright, we could just do anytime dining---not! That shows wait listed too. Does this mean we are destined to eat in the Lido as it is not an option for us to have late dining. mainly because my DW is Diabetic and we usually go to bed early. Do I have any options?

I Recently booked a Western Carib cruise out of New Orleans for May 22nd. When we booked it was for early seating dining. Just printed out our documents and it shows "wait listed". We'll that's alright, we could just do anytime dining---not! That shows wait listed too. Does this mean we are destined to eat in the Lido as it is not an option for us to have late dining. mainly because my DW is Diabetic and we usually go to bed early. Do I have any options?

We were in your same situation on a previous cruise. What we had to do was go speak with the Maitre d the day we boarded. He was very gracious and put us on the earlier time. No problem! I hope it works out for you also!

I was wait listed for early dining for my upcoming cruise June 5 Carnival Breeze out of Galveston just got an email yesterday stated we were confirmed for early dining. Yay! So maybe yours will change an accommodate you guys. Happy Cruising!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wait listed isn't a bad thing. Basically it just means they haven't prepared their seating charts yet. They take all the requests for each dining seating and make the seating chart. This just hasnt happened yet for your sailing. Being wait listed just means they are over their preset number of requests and cannot guarantee your request until the seating chart is completed. You have a great chance of getting early. If not you will get late. But you absolutely will not have to eat on Lido unless you decide to. There is plenty of seating for every passenger to eat dinner in the dining room. Enjoy your cruise!

Dining Time Request: If a guest is waitlisted for a specific dining time because they need to eat at that time for medical reasons only, the guest must obtain supporting documentation from their physician stating so and submit it to Guest Access. The waitlist will be cleared based on the criteria – Carnival cannot clear a waitlist without supporting documentation from the guest’s physician.

A different cruise line or room service. Maybe his doctor can work up a short term menu suggestions that would allow him to have a snack in the cafeteria and then enjoy the late seating. many creative options if you look for them.

We were waitlisted for anytime dining on one of our cruises. When we checked in, we had been assigned to 8:15pm dining. We went to the maitre d upon boarding & he changed us to 6pm dining. What a relief! We tend to eat pretty early, so late dining would not have worked well for us. Anyway, I said all that to say that you need to see the maitre d if you aren't able to get an acceptable dining time.

The same thing happened this year to us for the Breeze cruise in June. We were waitlisted for early dining but then we got an email about two weeks later that we got the early dining. I'm sure it will work out but I would ask the first day on boarding to switch if you don't get the email . I have had Anytime dining and if you go about 10 minutes before it opens you wont have any problems. I rather have the same waiter every nite but it worked out the other way too. We never waited more than 15 minutes and they put us at the same table every nite. Good luck.

If you complain about anything "medical" they will move your dining time. Just have to talk to the people in charge of seating on the first day.

IMO I hope you don't do this... If enough people do this, they will make it mandatory to have a doctors note, and probably have it notarized and blessed by the pope.

If you have a condition, then its fine but please don't go there and make up something to change your dining time

IMO I hope you don't do this... If enough people do this, they will make it mandatory to have a doctors note, and probably have it notarized and blessed by the pope.

If you have a condition, then its fine but please don't go there and make up something to change your dining time

Op stated medical condition.

I swear, only 20% are here to answer questions.

Yes, you will probably be confirmed. If not just speak with them on day 1.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Op stated medical condition.

I swear, only 20% are here to answer questions.

Yes, you will probably be confirmed. If not just speak with them on day 1.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did read it twice and didnt see that... my apologies. you are correct