B2B Vista - book same catg. cabin or different....

ksmcdonald

OK, we have the June 3rd 2017 eight day sailing on the Vista. We are debating booking the six day before for a back to back. We have a Havana Cabana for the 2nd leg, and can keep the same cabin for the 1st leg, or book an inside on the Lido.

I was thinking we could enjoy different aspects of the ship with two totally different locations. But those Havana Cabana look so nice I'm thinking the whole 14 days there! Decisions, decisions! I just wish we had a real review of someone in those cabins. Hate to book 14 days blindly, not really knowing what to expect in that area. To complicate matters, the inside is $1000 cheaper than the Havana Cabana.

I would welcome other opinions from B2B'ers. Easier to stay in the same cabin or better to try different location on ship?

We have done many b2bs and seldom book them at the same time or have the same cabin for the other legs. We don't mind moving our things to a different cabin. It's nice to change views, categories, decks. If there is any annoyance with one cabin, it can be nice to know you'll be moving on.:)

I've done several B2Bs. Never lucky enough to stay in the same cabin.

Packed myself up and put the next cabin's luggage tag on my luggage. It's not that big a deal bc we pack light.

On the Conquest we went from a port cabin OV to a starboard BL cabin. Turns out they alternate which side of the ship gets released from muster first. First leg we were last to be released, second leg we were also last to be released. lol

Edited by SadieN

Personally, I like having the same cabin. On my Vista B2B2B, I have the same 4J cabin for 3 legs.

When I sailed the Spirit to Australia in 2012, I added an Alaska leg after I booked the Hawaii and South Pacific legs, so I couldn't get the same cabin. It really wasn't bad, since the room steward moves your things ( I took important stuff), I would just prefer to not have to pack up again once I'm settled.

But if it's a $1000 difference, I would probably change to be able to enjoy a longer cruise.

Yeah, I'm thinking a new view and area of the ship will be nice too! With so many unknowns about this exclusive Havana area, either we are gonna love, love, love it or wish we were somewhere else! I do like that the cabin is on Deck 5, very centrally located for night life activities and with our own pool, and reserved lounge chair outside our patio, we might never venture out!

Thanks for everyone's input!

Both sound great but I would love to just unpack and pack once and not have to think about it once I boarded. Let us know what you decide. Im sailing Vista in February 2018 in a Havana Cabana Suite b

OK, we have the June 3rd 2017 eight day sailing on the Vista. We are debating booking the six day before for a back to back. We have a Havana Cabana for the 2nd leg, and can keep the same cabin for the 1st leg, or book an inside on the Lido.

I was thinking we could enjoy different aspects of the ship with two totally different locations. But those Havana Cabana look so nice I'm thinking the whole 14 days there! Decisions, decisions! I just wish we had a real review of someone in those cabins. Hate to book 14 days blindly, not really knowing what to expect in that area. To complicate matters, the inside is $1000 cheaper than the Havana Cabana.

I would welcome other opinions from B2B'ers. Easier to stay in the same cabin or better to try different location on ship?

Crazy! We are b2b beginning June 3 as well! We are just doing the cabana for the June 3 leg and then switching to a cove for the 6/11 leg. Just can't afford the cabana for both and do want to try a cove.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Crazy! We are b2b beginning June 3 as well! We are just doing the cabana for the June 3 leg and then switching to a cove for the 6/11 leg. Just can't afford the cabana for both and do want to try a cove.

The cove cabins sound nice too! If I had a choice, I would do the cove first. You might really hate leaving that Cabana after eight days! That is why I thought the inside first, then the Cabana to look forward to. And the inside is $1000 cheaper than the Cabana!

I am also doing a B2B on the Vista. We are sailing 4/7/18 in a Havana Cabana then switching to a cove balcony the following week. If the reviews don't come back great about the Havana Cabana I will probably switch out to save some money.

I am also doing a B2B on the Vista. We are sailing 4/7/18 in a Havana Cabana then switching to a cove balcony the following week. If the reviews don't come back great about the Havana Cabana I will probably switch out to save some money.

Did you book early saver? If so, you can't downgrade. At least I don't think you can.