Breakaway arriving very, very early @ NYC

mking8288

Breakaway just went under the VZ Bridge a few minutes ago, doing 18 knots - super early arrival, must be an Easter Sunday special or something else ... for those curious & others tracking BA on a regular basis. Disembarkation should not be a problem later on this morning, I suppose.

Surprised that nobody onboard posted any news - perhaps, most of them aren't aware or asleep at this hour. Just checked the NY Harbor cam, she's approaching SOL (now) still running about 18 knots - those living near the waterfront with a balcony view nearby can probably spot her moving up the bay (at Red Hook, Brooklyn at this moment)

c9618c71e96866be248c45a58c2a4ea1.jpg

f1030fad699e4458e5dcd36bc98873f0.jpg

Final note - @ 1:50 AM, coming up the Hudson, passed the WTC / Jersey City waterfront ...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

Per posting by pax onboard BA earlier Saturday evening - there's a medical emergency, patient is stable but needed to be taken/transferred to a hospital. Ship has made the turn toward the pier, approaching terminal 88 now for docking (watching it on BA's live webcam)

We boarded the jewel in NYC on Easter 2011 and loved that the bunny greeted us as we stepped on!!!

Had a great lunch in Tsars and loved the Easter decorations around the ship

Ncl....I really hope you haven't changed that stuff to be PC

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ESM - yes, MT mobile on Android (free via AMZ Underground) but also on iOS - loved the cruise functions since I get T-Mo data on iPad mini - also use S*Mate

For those boarding now or shortly, have a happy & safe Easter sailing :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk on "Fi Network" @ 120 countries

Breakaway just went under the VZ Bridge a few minutes ago, doing 18 knots - super early arrival, must be an Easter Sunday special or something else ... for those curious & others tracking BA on a regular basis. Disembarkation should not be a problem later on this morning, I suppose.

Surprised that nobody onboard posted any news - perhaps, most of them aren't aware or asleep at this hour. Just checked the NY Harbor cam, she's approaching SOL (now) still running about 18 knots - those living near the waterfront with a balcony view nearby can probably spot her moving up the bay (at Red Hook, Brooklyn at this moment)

c9618c71e96866be248c45a58c2a4ea1.jpg

f1030fad699e4458e5dcd36bc98873f0.jpg

Final note - @ 1:50 AM, coming up the Hudson, passed the WTC / Jersey City waterfront ...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just got off the Breakaway, yes there was a medical emergency on board last night, we arrived back at midnight. Was an awesome cruise had a great time despite not getting to the private island (weather to bad to get tenders in) spent extra time in Nausea though which was nice. Enjoy your trip everyone. I hope you get to the Island. it looked like it would have been a lot of fun.

My daughter was on this sailing and texted me @ 9:38AM this morning that they were in their car and driving home.

Yes, they did miss GSC due to high winds preventing tendering, but they saw an Atlas V rocket liftoff from Canaveral the night before .

Just got off the Breakaway, yes there was a medical emergency on board last night, we arrived back at midnight. Was an awesome cruise had a great time despite not getting to the private island (weather to bad to get tenders in) spent extra time in Nausea though which was nice. Enjoy your trip everyone. I hope you get to the Island. it looked like it would have been a lot of fun.

Out of curiosity, when you got into Nassau were you able to get off the ship at night time?

Was an awesome cruise had a great time despite not getting to the private island (weather to bad to get tenders in) spent extra time in Nausea though which was nice. Enjoy your trip everyone. I hope you get to the Island. it looked like it would have been a lot of fun.

One of my favorite CC typos ever -- the thought of calling Nassau does induce nausea for many experienced cruisers, including yours truly. :p

Jk. Glad to hear you had an awesome cruise! :D

Edited by Dave85

... when you got into Nassau were you able to get off the ship at night time?

We've missed GSC 3 times over the years and once docked at Nassau - cleared by local authorities, pax are free to go ashore & stay out. There's no "curfew" - just check the ship/local time clock and return/be back on the next day for the scheduled all abroad & sailaway time ... or join the pier runner's club :eek: as your names are announced over the ship's PA system.

Last 2 unscheduled mid/late evening arrival - most if not all the shops around the piers are closed (bars & restaurants still open) and there's not a whole lot to do unless one hop over to Atlantis for some action or wanted to exercise sea legs on solid pavements. :D Or, take some nighttime pictures right on the pier & not go past the gates or into the terminal.

We've missed GSC 3 times over the years and once docked at Nassau - cleared by local authorities, pax are free to go ashore & stay out. There's no "curfew" - just check the ship/local time clock and return/be back on the next day for the scheduled all abroad & sailaway time ... or join the pier runner's club :eek: as your names are announced over the ship's PA system.

Last 2 unscheduled mid/late evening arrival - most if not all the shops around the piers are closed (bars & restaurants still open) and there's not a whole lot to do unless one hop over to Atlantis for some action or wanted to exercise sea legs on solid pavements. :D Or, take some nighttime pictures right on the pier & not go past the gates or into the terminal.

We were lucky enough to get there (GSC) a couple of weeks ago so I was curious if you could leave the boat at night. Going to the bars at night might be fun! We enjoyed the cruise very much! Good to know as I have a friend sailing in April! She asked me what happens if they miss GSC and now I know!

Out of curiosity, when you got into Nassau were you able to get off the ship at night time?

Hi There,

Yes, as soon as we cleared customs they opened the doors and you were free to come and go as you pleased. As long as you had your key card and passport/ID I was up on my balcony and heard local bars blasting music and watching people walk around on the pier. There were several other cruise boats their with us as well.