Jewel of the Seas dry dock

I found this one, which is not exactly what was posted above, but also does not mention Park Cafe:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Revits/JW_Revit/15047630_JW_Revit_Trade_Flyer.pdf

On this one it mentions Sabor. Guess its not updated?

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Revits/JW_Revit/15047598_JW_Revite_Consumer_Flyer.pdf

That one looks like a slightly earlier verson (5-Nov-2015) than the one I posted (12-Nov-2015). So it looks like Izumi replaced Sabor on the first page during the week between those releases.

That one looks like a slightly earlier verson (5-Nov-2015) than the one I posted (12-Nov-2015). So it looks like Izumi replaced Sabor on the first page during the week between those releases.

Yes, thought so. Just wanted to add another name to possible changes, hehe.

We are booked for next year, 2/12/17 and was a little nervous when I looked, because our room (#1148 - superior balcony) does not exist on the current plans, but when looking post refurb, it looks to be a new room that is being added, so we will not be sleeping in the hallway :D.

This is our (basically) first cruise, so looking forward to it.

With all the emails we've been getting on specialty restaurant packages for the April 28 TA, I'm very frustrated that we can't get a straight answer on what will be available.

Customer service (in a phone inquiry and a separate email inquiry) said Chops is the only specialty restaurant available. The dining brochure indicates Izumi, Chops and Giovanni's post-rennovation and Chops and Portofino pre-rennovation.

I've also emailed Vicki Freed, the SVP of Sales, Trade Support and Customer Service twice to get the answer but no response to date.

Anyone have another contact?

The specialty packages aren't very attractive if we only have one choice and pay full rates!

As she is heading today for an extensive 3 weeks dry dock, I was wondering what will change because it'a a quite long one. The reason I'm asking is, because I'm planning to take a very last minute TA on April 28 all the way to Civitavecchia!

Come join us on the Roll Call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203232&page=30

These are the changes being done during her refurbishment,

Jewel of the Seas renovation features will include

New 2 bedroom Family Suite stateroom

All staterooms will be renoveated with an additional 42 staterooms added

New specialty restaurants will be added

Giovanni's Table (replaces Portofino)

Vintages (replaces Champagne Bar)

Izumi (replaces Seaview Cafe)

Pervasive Wi-Fi & Digital signage throughout the ship

New poolside movie screen

Diamond Club added to the Viking Crown Lounge

Renovated Chops Grille

Renovated Spa and retail shops

Concierge Club will replace Hollywood Odyssey

Shoreside Dining Room, Explorer’s Court and Yacht Club will be removed.

Addition of Voom high-speed internet

The newly renovated Jewel of the Seas will include 42 new staterooms

Deck 2 will have 9 new staterooms

Deck 4 will have 9 new staterooms

Deck 7 will have 1 new stateroom

Deck 8 will have 2 new staterooms

Deck 9 will have 7 new staterooms

Deck 10 will have 2 new staterooms

Deck 11 will have 12 new staterooms

Here's a link to the "new" deck plans

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...ilDate=1160424

I'm assuming, which is never a good thing, that since I read The Empress was more than just an ordinnary dry-dock, where they even cut into the ship with major modifications, the Jewel will go smoothly. I'm also hoping that because our TA cruise is heading to Rome, where it will sail for the Spring and Summer, they want things done for sure, and, don't want to cancel those cruises.

We have never been on a TA before and are so excited, plus, were told that our D-1 cabin 9256 will be so wonderful, especially during the first 7-days of the cruise which are at sea.

I had 9256 on Serenade. It is an amazing cabin.

Don't forget about room 8168. We have stayed in both 9256 and 8168 and feel lucky any time we can get one of these. We have 9256 booked for Jewel in Nov and look forward to seeing the refurb.

Thanks for the updates on the plans for Jewel.

With all the emails we've been getting on specialty restaurant packages for the April 28 TA, I'm very frustrated that we can't get a straight answer on what will be available.

Customer service (in a phone inquiry and a separate email inquiry) said Chops is the only specialty restaurant available. The dining brochure indicates Izumi, Chops and Giovanni's post-rennovation and Chops and Portofino pre-rennovation.

I've also emailed Vicki Freed, the SVP of Sales, Trade Support and Customer Service twice to get the answer but no response to date.

Anyone have another contact?

The specialty packages aren't very attractive if we only have one choice and pay full rates!

I thought the same thing about our September Jewel cruise with only Chops and Giovanni's. Specialty dining upgrades are not needed at Izumi since it is now al a carte. So how do you use 3 specialty dining upgrades (least expensive package) in 2 restaurants other than repeating?

I thought the same thing about our September Jewel cruise with only Chops and Giovanni's. Specialty dining upgrades are not needed at Izumi since it is now al a carte. So how do you use 3 specialty dining upgrades (least expensive package) in 2 restaurants other than repeating?

Our experience has been that you're given $30 toward dinner at Izumi's when you buy a package.