Pirate's JOURNEY on the Pride...March 13-28 Photo Review

pirate4me2

Our guide called the clouds around the top of the volcano a "hat"

12718135_10156512057750012_4554160409671861460_n.jpg?oh=8d4fe9ad206dd1ec988f881efad5403f&oe=57848681

12243072_10156512048410012_5064834676678059379_n.jpg?oh=db2458177ad24a3b7d0f8f4b2abc493c&oe=57BFD526

Is she going to take her "hat" off for us today?

10377251_10156512048640012_7270415143903197574_n.jpg?oh=d28a9f526d2022b7132ce4238c7bd7f1&oe=5774C78B

Yes! I can see the top!

12512328_10156512048900012_8526767481101717505_n.jpg?oh=d96f7d6682b2bdcb86a6890b3712816d&oe=57766F80

1558553_10156512049185012_2754018447803713716_n.jpg?oh=fcc261296cbf1a478642e23fdd683ba5&oe=577E9A0D

After we were done in St Pierre it was time to head back to the ship. I feel that overall it was a good excursion, just a LOT of bus riding. Cathy was very friendly and knowledgeable. We got back to the pier at 3, and back on board was 3:30. We quickly ran to a shop on the pier to get a Christmas ornament, and then we went directly to the Pizza Pirate...we were HUNGRY! I made a salad while Chris got us a pepperoni pizza to share. The salad from the Lido buffet was pretty decent and really hit the spot. The pizza was also good, I just wish that the middle wasn't quite so soggy. Overall not a bad lunch at all though!

There was a bean bag toss at the Red Frog Pub at 4:15 that Chris wanted to take part in. I guess I should mention now that I am not very gifted when it comes to sports, and Chris would have better luck with a scarecrow as a partner in a bean bag toss than me. Therefore, I was not participating in the toss, and Chris almost got to play as there was another person that needed a partner as well. However, another cruiser joined in before Chris, so we just sat and watch today, and then decided to play shuffleboard. After a little while we wandered back to the cabin and lounged around until Chris said he was ready for dinner at about 6:45. How is it he was hungry again already??!! We changed and headed to the MDR.

Tonight we had Liza and her team again, and a table for 2. I decided to start off with the Caesar salad, which was Ok tonight, as well as the crab melt.

IMG_20160321_193022591_zpsejv4ovdr.jpg

OMG that crab melt was really, really good! I followed it with the spinach and blue cheese soufflé as my main course, with a side of creamed spinach. Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want...I love spinach! Liza joked that I was going to turn into Popeye the Sailor Man.

IMG_20160321_195213434_zps48ulrxp3.jpg

The soufflé was excellent, I could have ate another one! I hope I get to have it again on future cruises as it was a highlight for me.

For dessert I ordered pecan pie, and Chris ordered Red Velvet cake. When dessert time came, we had a little surprise...

IMG_20160322_243019995_zps5km3djij.jpg

Liza and her team sang to us, even though we had told them earlier in the cruise it wasn't necessary. The cake was really, really good, almost like a fudge. Mmmmmmm!

My pecan pie was decent, but I enjoyed the other cake better!

IMG_20160322_243233406_TOP_zpss3tmf9fq.jpg

Chris's Red Velvet Cake

IMG_20160322_243307771_zps225jkiwn.jpg

When we finished dinner we went to the Piano Bar, which was really doing good tonight. We hung out there until 10, and then called it a day.

Alright, that is it for tonight everyone. I will attempt to post at least one port tomorrow (Antigua!) but I cannot make any guarantees as we are having a bonfire party. I hope you all are enjoying following along so far, I appreciate all the kind comments!

I loved reading your review! We're sailing the Pride in 15 days and I'm beyond excited!

One day at a time... 15 to go.

Hey AVIL, we are on the Pride leaving the 15th too, like you, right? So much to do before then. We are heading up to Baltimore on the 14th to have a night before we board night! Staying at Holiday Inn at the Stadium!

Happy happy for sure!

Of course! :) But first I have to get caught up on everyone else's great reviews, while uploading pictures and scanning various items.

You also have to keep both feet on land in NJ, US of A in order to have time to write a review! Congrats on your anniversary, welcome home and we will look forward to hearing from you. I bet you were jealous of all of us being on your Pride for 2 weeks straight! :p:p I'm sure you had a great cruise, tho! :)

LOVING this! I was looking forward to Martinique because I speak French. We did not have an excursion but planned to get off and just wander around the port. But there was road construction EVERYWHERE and DH was furious. He said it was unsafe and we got right back on the ship. I really think CCL should have posted a warning about this. There were tents at the pier by the ship, but the mood was kind of ruined by then! :o THANK YOU again for taking the time to share this. We did Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia, our splurge, and it was the highlight of our cruise!

LOVING this! I was looking forward to Martinique because I speak French. We did not have an excursion but planned to get off and just wander around the port. But there was road construction EVERYWHERE and DH was furious. He said it was unsafe and we got right back on the ship. I really think CCL should have posted a warning about this. There were tents at the pier by the ship, but the mood was kind of ruined by then! :o THANK YOU again for taking the time to share this. We did Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia, our splurge, and it was the highlight of our cruise!

I was curious how the Spencer Ambrose tour was, we considered it. If we go on another cruise that stops in St Lucia we will look into it.

Nice review, I have been considering cruising on the Pride.

You should do it! She's a great ship, perfect size and the 2.0 upgrades made her even better!

You said you had an aft balcony. Was it a Aft View ? and did you have any problems with Vibration ? We booked cabin 5268 Aft View for a future cruise and was wondering about vibration.

We were in an aft view extended balcony, #6264. I would say that the vibration we felt was no worse than on the other 3 ships we have had these balconies on. Yes, we felt some here and there, but nothing like reports have said. No rattling safe, no items rattling and falling off the desk, no shaking me out of bed at night. I was concerned about reports I had read prior to our sailing, but there was nothing to worry about!

You also have to keep both feet on land in NJ, US of A in order to have time to write a review! Congrats on your anniversary, welcome home and we will look forward to hearing from you. I bet you were jealous of all of us being on your Pride for 2 weeks straight! :p:p I'm sure you had a great cruise, tho! :)

You're darn right I was jealous!! That's why we booked the 14 day repo for next year!! :) Sorry for the hijack Stephanie. Carry on!!

You're darn right I was jealous!! That's why we booked the 14 day repo for next year!! :) Sorry for the hijack Stephanie. Carry on!!

We would love to book it also, but don't know what we would do about transportation issue. Stephanie, Spencer Ambrose was worth every penny.

We would love to book it also, but don't know what we would do about transportation issue. Stephanie, Spencer Ambrose was worth every penny.

We have made all our arrangements already. Three days prior to the cruise we are driving down to Baltimore, staying overnight at your favorite Best Western, leaving our car there for the duration, then flying to Tampa from Baltimore the next morning. The hotel will shuttle us to the airport, then shuttle us back to the hotel after the ship arrives back in Baltimore. Ginger has booked group space at an awesome price for the hotel in Tampa, and arranged for us to be shuttled to the pier. The itinerary is awesome, and includes a partial Panama Canal transit. Plenty of sea days, and there are never more than two ports back to back. Frankly, I don't know how I would of handled 8 straight port days like you guys did! I'm sure Stephanie would have jumped on this one if she wasn't already booked on a back to back on the Vista in January. Lucky Girl!! :)

We have made all our arrangements already. Three days prior to the cruise we are driving down to Baltimore, staying overnight at your favorite Best Western, leaving our car there for the duration, then flying to Tampa from Baltimore the next morning. The hotel will shuttle us to the airport, then shuttle us back to the hotel after the ship arrives back in Baltimore. Ginger has booked group space at an awesome price for the hotel in Tampa, and arranged for us to be shuttled to the pier. The itinerary is awesome, and includes a partial Panama Canal transit. Plenty of sea days, and there are never more than two ports back to back. Frankly, I don't know how I would of handled 8 straight port days like you guys did! I'm sure Stephanie would have jumped on this one if she wasn't already booked on a back to back on the Vista in January. Lucky Girl!! :)

I am SO jealous of you right now! I booked our B2B on the Vista before the repo itinerary was released, and I won't lie, I debated canceling the Vista to do this one. I would love to do a partial canal transit, and it hits some ports I wouldn't mind going back to. Chris told me to do whatever I wanted, and in the end I decided to stick with Vista because we have never done a B2B before, it's a new ship with features I am looking forward to (including my Havana balcony room!) and we will be cruising with some people we have cruised with before and had a good time. However, while you guys are on the cruise I will be green with envy, and I expect a great review when you return! :p;)

And I won't lie...8 ports in a row was tough! I wish there was a sea day or two between them, I was glad to have 3 at the end to recover!

I am SO jealous of you right now! I booked our B2B on the Vista before the repo itinerary was released, and I won't lie, I debated canceling the Vista to do this one. I would love to do a partial canal transit, and it hits some ports I wouldn't mind going back to. Chris told me to do whatever I wanted, and in the end I decided to stick with Vista because we have never done a B2B before, it's a new ship with features I am looking forward to (including my Havana balcony room!) and we will be cruising with some people we have cruised with before and had a good time. However, while you guys are on the cruise I will be green with envy, and I expect a great review when you return! :p;)

And I won't lie...8 ports in a row was tough! I wish there was a sea day or two between them, I was glad to have 3 at the end to recover!

You know that this cruise will be well documented. Can't imagine how many pictures Patti will take during this one, including three days pre cruise. Of course I'll make it feel like you're right there with us, so no worries! :) We'll also be looking forward to your Vista review!

Jamman, that is exactly what I figured we would do if we booked that cruise on Pride. Drive to Baltimore, fly to Tampa, etc. It COULD work out, but we just have too many "unexpected expenses" this year to take care of. This cruise was just a real treat for us. But I will keep checking and if the price drops between now and then we will definitely book it!

Alright, that is it for tonight everyone. I will attempt to post at least one port tomorrow (Antigua!) but I cannot make any guarantees as we are having a bonfire party. I hope you all are enjoying following along so far, I appreciate all the kind comments!

Thank you for the wonderful posts!! :D

Jamman, that is exactly what I figured we would do if we booked that cruise on Pride. Drive to Baltimore, fly to Tampa, etc. It COULD work out, but we just have too many "unexpected expenses" this year to take care of. This cruise was just a real treat for us. But I will keep checking and if the price drops between now and then we will definitely book it!

Fingers crossed that it works out for you!!

I loved reading your review! We're sailing the Pride in 15 days and I'm beyond excited!

One day at a time... 15 to go.

Hey AVIL, we are on the Pride leaving the 15th too, like you, right? So much to do before then. We are heading up to Baltimore on the 14th to have a night before we board night! Staying at Holiday Inn at the Stadium!

Happy happy for sure!

Hey there!

Yes, we are sailing out on April 15th! I just spent the day preparing my packing list. A lot to do in such a short amount of time. Unbelievably excited, as this will be my first cruise.

See you on-board!

Cheers.

Loving your review. Could you please explain exactly how to get to Jack's Shack? We would love to go there on our October cruise. Thanks.

Walk off the pier and go to the left, walk maybe about 1/2 a mile down the beach. It's right before the second pier.

Looking forward to reading this start to finish..

Tomorrow is my first day off in a while. I am going to hunker down with my coffee and some comfy pj's and dig right in.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Can't wait!

Chass

Walk off the pier and go to the left, walk maybe about 1/2 a mile down the beach. It's right before the second pier.

Thanks!

We plan to go to Jack's for the first time in June. We have been to Grand Turk many times and just have never taken the walk down there. :o This time it is THE thing we plan to do!

Not trying to hijack the thread - but those of you that are familiar with embarkation in Baltimore.....

Is there a separate check-in location for Priority boarding?? We are Platinum and we have a suite. We have never sailed from Baltimore - so I'm just trying to be prepared.

Thanks!