Pirate's JOURNEY on the Pride...March 13-28 Photo Review

pirate4me2

I "discovered" the Caribbean Colada during our May, 2015 cruise and have been raving about it to everyone ever since! (Jamman, are you listening???) It was one of the lst drinks I ordered when we boarded the ship. (easy to make at home also, BTW) They only make it at the Red Frog Pub and bar on Lido for some reason. :confused: TY for the pictures of the midnight buffet. After meeting friends for drinks before the Captain's Celebration, then having sampling every drink they offered at least once DURING the celebration, then meeting friends for drinks after dinner, we decided to skip the buffet! Funny, a ton of your pictures are from a view point that I had on the cruise also so we must have been standing very near each other! And since we were also at the BW and were the lst shuttle back, we probably know each other, I just can't place your name with a face. THANK YOU for sharing this with us. I am going to have to put it in my favorite places just so I can relive it over and over. It was an awesome cruise and I am so grateful we were able to go. Enjoy all your countdowns and happy cruising to you!

The Caribbean Colada is Patti's drink of choice, but they didn't have them on the Fascination. :(

BRAVO Stephanie, for a GREAT review!! Can't wait to sail on the Pride again!!

Thank you for reading!

The Caribbean Colada is Patti's drink of choice, but they didn't have them on the Fascination. :(

I think it is going to be my drink of choice now as well, it is so good! Let's see, I think most of my upcoming cruises except for Victory have the Red Frog, so hopefully I can cure the craving!

What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do it. I could look at cruising pics forever.

I have seen a few grand buffets in the past but this one looked to be stupendous!! Thank you so much for all of the pictures.

I have never heard of the Caribbean Colada, but you can be sure I will be trying one (or maybe two) in October.

The Caribbean Colada is Patti's drink of choice, but they didn't have them on the Fascination. :([/QU

I think it is going to be my drink of choice now as well, it is so good! Let's see, I think most of my upcoming cruises except for Victory have the Red Frog, so hopefully I can cure the craving!

I can't understand why they only make them at the Red Frog...they are really almost the same thing as a pina colada except there are a few drops of bitters in it. I have the recipe. :p Another good drink that is new since last May is Pirate's Punch. It's similar to The Cruiser, but it has amaretto instead of the peach schnapps and is yummy! ;);)

I enjoyed reading your review! It is helping with my cruise withdrawal until May and I notice that I will be getting on Sunshine the same day as you will be getting off.

Lucky you, isn't that the 10 day Journey cruise? I debated doing that one since we loved Sunshine and Charleston is so close for us, but we couldn't swing the time off. Have a fantastic time, I promise to leave Sunshine in good working order...we won't have TOO much fun on our little 4 day cruise. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great Review! Can not wait to sail the Pride in January 2017.

I have a question....Breakfast options, I know in the MDR and of course the Lido, but I have been on other ships that off an "extended continental" breakfast in the area near or around the Taste Bar. Offering hot cereal, pastries and sometimes even scrambled eggs, meat ect.

Is there such a spot on the Pride?

Enjoyed the Review. We had a blast cruising with you, especially the Chef's Table and also doing a little body surfing at Orient Beach. We're leaving this coming Monday to fly to Venice for our Vista Inaugural cruise. Can't wait. Tell Chris hey for us. Happy cruising, I see you have a pretty full itinerary in the future.

Take care

Great Review! Can not wait to sail the Pride in January 2017.

I have a question....Breakfast options, I know in the MDR and of course the Lido, but I have been on other ships that off an "extended continental" breakfast in the area near or around the Taste Bar. Offering hot cereal, pastries and sometimes even scrambled eggs, meat ect.

Is there such a spot on the Pride?

I did not notice that, but we really weren't down near the Taste Bar too much in the mornings. Sorry!

Enjoyed the Review. We had a blast cruising with you, especially the Chef's Table and also doing a little body surfing at Orient Beach. We're leaving this coming Monday to fly to Venice for our Vista Inaugural cruise. Can't wait. Tell Chris hey for us. Happy cruising, I see you have a pretty full itinerary in the future.

Take care

Hey, you better let us know how the Vista is!! It was great cruising with y'all as well, the Chef's table is something we still talk about. It was an experience that we hope to repeat again in the future (on the Vista, perhaps?). Orient Beach is Chris's favorite beach that we visited, and it was great hanging out with you all there. Have fun on the Vista!

• 3 weeks later...
Really enjoyed your review! I love the Pride and cannot wait for my 14 day Journey Cruise on it next February!!!!

Thank you! That looks like a great cruise, it's the partial Canal transit, right? I wanted to book that but had already booked our Vista B2B. You have some great people on your sailing.