Bermuda excursions

cbbandit

Heading to Bermuda end of May. We are renting the scooters, hubby wants to do snuba. Looking for some other ideas, or excursions to do. Don't really want to go thru ship, not looking for any hiking or climbing adventures. Would like to do the night time glass bottom boat trip. Hubby and I are cruising for the very first time. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. I can't wait, only 60 some days left....

Our party of four had a wonderful day exploring Bermuda with Julie Richardson of Winsome Tours. If I recall correctly, our full-day (9-4) private tour last May was about $500 total. Ralph and Julie Richardson, owners of Winsome, were easy to work with pre-cruise and helped plan what we requested to see and offered suggestions based on our interests. It was the best tour we've ever taken on any cruise or land-based vacation. Take a look at their reviews on Cruise Critic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As a previous poster commented, head to the Ports Of Calls boards here on CC and look for Bermuda's boards.

There you will find a ton of info about excursions you might be interested in that do not have to be booked through the cruiseline.

Also, good advice to read up about scooter rentals, especially if you are not an experienced scooter/motorcyclist.

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus urging the OP to read: Big Mike's guide on the advisability (or lack of) renting a scooter in Bermuda. First of all, traffic on the island can be INSANE -- not to mention, they drive on the left side of the road there. :eek: As an alternative way to get around the island, I would recommend a multi-day bus/ferry pass. They are reasonably priced, and you can buy them at kiosks right on the pier. You can use them to get just about anywhere on the island. :cool:

PS -- if you can find a copy, the Moon Guide to Bermuda is one of the best guidebooks I've ever read.

we are renting a boston whaler for 4 hour on our second day from somerset bridge watersports. this way you can go to the small islands and snorkel, picnic lunch,ect!

later,

ezemoney