Port Everglades parking

airboss1998

Bought my daughter a cruise, she and a girlfriend are driving down from IN to Ocala Saturday, to the port Sunday morning (think they're out on Allure - not sure which terminal). Sorry, I'm on the road with only my phone, so any help for them with parking? Thanks.

Bought my daughter a cruise, she and a girlfriend are driving down from IN to Ocala Saturday, to the port Sunday morning (think they're out on Allure - not sure which terminal). Sorry, I'm on the road with only my phone, so any help for them with parking? Thanks.

Allure will be at terminal 18, and there is parking very near the terminal.

Make certain they leave Ocala very, very early Sunday morning. On a recent thread on Celebrity site a couple thought they left sufficient time to drive to PE but traffic accident and construction caused them to have a major delay and they did not arrive in time to board the ship. Crusie lines have a time deadline for boarding over which they have no control....Homeland Security.

I live near Ocala and we drove to Ft. Lauderdale in February to sail on The Constellation but we drove down the day prior. Even for young girls it is a long drive especially since most cruisers like to board around 11am. Under no circumstances should they take I95 but take I75 to Turnpike and pay the tolls.

From where they get on Turnpike at exit 309 to where the get off in Ft. Lauderdale at exit 54, it is 255 miles. To that you must add the miles from Ocala on I75 to the Turnpike and then also add the miles from exit 54 to port.

That is probably close to 300 miles to drive. They will be missing valuable "ship time."

Returning from cruise we had major traffic delays coming out of Ft.Lauderdale due to accidents on the Turnpike. By the time we got to Palm Beach County all was clear and we had nice drive home.

Have the girls Googled the mileage from Ocala to Port Everglades? I suggest they do that before considering staying in Ocala and driving day of. Whatever drive time they give you add an hour or more. Don't be late and have to wave goodbye to Allure, an awesome ship.

Appreciate the info, they are 30 so pretty responsible. They're driving down from IN, and were planning to drive through the night - but dad didn't want them to. I think they're planning to leave south Ocala (belle view?) at 630 am as they want to maximize their time on the ship.

They had already reserved with park n go before I got the embassy suites info. Saved them $40 over port parking.

Appreciate the info, they are 30 so pretty responsible. They're driving down from IN, and were planning to drive through the night - but dad didn't want them to. I think they're planning to leave south Ocala (belle view?) at 630 am as they want to maximize their time on the ship.

They had already reserved with park n go before I got the embassy suites info. Saved them $40 over port parking.

When I was that age I thought nothing of driving day or night. Much more traffic on roads now. Hope they have safe trip.

We have been using Park N Go for years and they provide great service at an affordable price. Bellview, FL is quite close to us and is south of Ocala. Hope for light traffic for their trip south.