On line check in

5soccer9

I had a question about on line check in. I know on other cruise lines you can go on line and fill all the information out as soon as you book a cruise. You can fill in emergency contact information, passport information, etc. I went on to the Disney cruise page but didn't see how to do it. Do I have to wait closer to my cruise or am I missing something? We are sailing on the Dream in September so I have plenty of time but just thought I would get that out of the way if I could.

I am new to Disney and have so much to learn. I appreciate the help.

I had a question about on line check in. I know on other cruise lines you can go on line and fill all the information out as soon as you book a cruise. You can fill in emergency contact information, passport information, etc. I went on to the Disney cruise page but didn't see how to do it. Do I have to wait closer to my cruise or am I missing something? We are sailing on the Dream in September so I have plenty of time but just thought I would get that out of the way if I could.

I am new to Disney and have so much to learn. I appreciate the help.

Online check in is where all that information is asked for. Your check in window opens based on your Castaway Club level:

Platinum/Concierge - 120 days out

Gold - 105 days out

Silver - 90 days out

First time DCL cruiser - 75 days out

Online check in is where all that information is asked for. Your check in window opens based on your Castaway Club level:

Platinum/Concierge - 120 days out

Gold - 105 days out

Silver - 90 days out

First time DCL cruiser - 75 days out

So I can't fill anything out until the window opens - for me - first time DCL cruiser - 75 days before?

Thanks for the help on this. I thought I was doing something wrong.

So I can't fill anything out until the window opens - for me - first time DCL cruiser - 75 days before?

Correct. The one piece of good news is that DCL keeps SOME info (like passport numbers) in their system so it is already there on a second cruise. They don't keep some of the obvious info though.

To do the on line check in you will need your passport numbers and the credit card number that you plan to put on the account. If you don't have passports, you'll have the option of choosing certified birth certificates and if you don't want to give the the credit card number months in advance, you can choose "cash" and change it at any time. Obviously, you'll also need correct identifying info for each person in your cabin.

This changed when they redid their website. You used to be able to update the personal information before your window opened up. One of the negatives to the new website, IMHO.

The way I figure out their website design is think about what would someone that sits in an office and doesn't use a computer choose to design a webpage.

I did our check in for the upcoming Alaska cruise and the website kept most info from our last cruise over a year ago.

This changed when they redid their website. You used to be able to update the personal information before your window opened up. One of the negatives to the new website, IMHO.

So I typically jump on and book excursions and such the minute my window opens..... Will I have to enter all the checkin info first now? Or can I come back and do that after scheduling/reserving my "stuff"?

Peg

So I typically jump on and book excursions and such the minute my window opens..... Will I have to enter all the checkin info first now? Or can I come back and do that after scheduling/reserving my "stuff"?

Peg

The online check in window and the excursion booking window both open at midnight eastern time on the day your window opens. Most of the time. Sometimes one or the other (for whatever reason) isn't available right away. There have been reports of up to a 4-6 hour difference.

You can do either the check in or excursion booking first - whichever is more important to you to do first.

You can do either the check in or excursion booking first - whichever is more important to you to do first.

Whew! Not excited about slogging thru the checkin process when I'm anxious to book things!!

Thanks,

Peg

On the Disney reservation page is shows the due date for the balance remainder. The same date is also when "check-in begins" and "pay in full to start booking" any activities. If I pay the remainder early will I be able to book excursions and check in... or still wait for the selected date (thus no reason to pay early)?

On the Disney reservation page is shows the due date for the balance remainder. The same date is also when "check-in begins" and "pay in full to start booking" any activities. If I pay the remainder early will I be able to book excursions and check in... or still wait for the selected date (thus no reason to pay early)?

No, paying in full early won't get you earlier access to booking excursions. That note just gives you a head's up that you must be paid in full to book excursions. Some excursion booking windows open before the paid in full date.

Whew! Not excited about slogging thru the checkin process when I'm anxious to book things!!

Thanks,

Peg

The only thing check in first gets you is an early boarding time. Not important IMHO. Harder gets like Palo brunch, spa or cabanas on Castaway Cay are more important to do first. So do those first, then go back and check in. You don't even have to enter ALL the information right away, just get your boarding time.

The only thing check in first gets you is an early boarding time. Not important IMHO. Harder gets like Palo brunch, spa or cabanas on Castaway Cay are more important to do first. So do those first, then go back and check in. You don't even have to enter ALL the information right away, just get your boarding time.

But you do have enter something in all blanks. The Port Arrival Time page will not "unlock" unless everything is filled out. Now, that information can be actual info, made up, or gibberish. The system only recognizes that SOMETHING was entered, not whether it makes sense.

Then you can go back and correct any "errors" later.

For example, it's quicker to say you're arriving by private card (don't have to enter all the flight info), or say you're using cash for your onboard account (instead of having to enter all the credit card info).

But you do have enter something in all blanks. The Port Arrival Time page will not "unlock" unless everything is filled out. Now, that information can be actual info, made up, or gibberish. The system only recognizes that SOMETHING was entered, not whether it makes sense.

Then you can go back and correct any "errors" later.

For example, it's quicker to say you're arriving by private card (don't have to enter all the flight info), or say you're using cash for your onboard account (instead of having to enter all the credit card info).

Yep, that is what I do when I needed to check in multiple rooms/ reservations to help ensure we all get the same check in time. It didn't work this last time, we got 2 rooms with 11:00 and 1 with 11:30 check in.

I would do you port adventures/ dining stuff first. An then check in.

Or if you have 2 reservations that are linked. 1 person can do the port adventures for both reservations and the other can do the check in for both rooms.

For me it's more important to get the earliest available arrival time so I do the online check-in first. You can blow through it and go back later and correct mistakes or fill in any non-required fields you skipped.

FYI, one trick for multiple cabins is to do the check-in "simultaneously" in different browsers. Has worked well for me for getting the same arrival times for both cabins.

Edited by c-cruise
spelling