Boston - Mid July NCL cruise parking

steveknj

I understand there's the lot at Black Falcon for $140 for the week. We intend to drive up from NJ the morning of the cruise, then park and board. Does this lot fill up by a certain time or if we got there by early afternoon, we'd still be fine to park? I'm trying gauge what time we'd have to leave to make sure we get to the port early enough to park and board and have some time pre-sail on the ship.

Also considering the park and drive hotel that was suggested in another thread, but the room would cost more, plus there's probably one meal to deal with purchasing.

I understand there's the lot at Black Falcon for $140 for the week. We intend to drive up from NJ the morning of the cruise, then park and board. Does this lot fill up by a certain time or if we got there by early afternoon, we'd still be fine to park? I'm trying gauge what time we'd have to leave to make sure we get to the port early enough to park and board and have some time pre-sail on the ship.

Also considering the park and drive hotel that was suggested in another thread, but the room would cost more, plus there's probably one meal to deal with purchasing.

There is an overflow lot for Black Falcon cruise parking.

Where are you driving from in NJ and what exact day of the week are you doing it?

There is an overflow lot for Black Falcon cruise parking.

Where are you driving from in NJ and what exact day of the week are you doing it?

We're driving from Central NJ on Friday July 15th. Google (based on today's traffic anyway) gave me a drive time of 4hrs 36min using the Merritt Pkwy. That could change of course given summer driving conditions and construction. Luckily Fridays on the summer driving Northbound is not bad as we are driving away from the shore.

My concern was space in the lot. We'll be arriving on departure day so we won't have to spend on hotel, etc.

• 1 month later...
We're driving from Central NJ on Friday July 15th. Google (based on today's traffic anyway) gave me a drive time of 4hrs 36min using the Merritt Pkwy. That could change of course given summer driving conditions and construction. Luckily Fridays on the summer driving Northbound is not bad as we are driving away from the shore.

My concern was space in the lot. We'll be arriving on departure day so we won't have to spend on hotel, etc.

I would say that time is a conservative estimate. Also, there is a lot of chance for traffic issues on the route from NJ to Boston. I would plan for 6 hours from central NJ. Rarely has it taken me less and that's not even with any significant issue.