My Cruise on Oceana by a P&O Regular.

tartanexile81

Sorry to say that someone posted on FB that Oceana failed an inspection in Charleston on our cruise, all about hygiene in kitchen, water in pools etc. I thought it was an April Fool but I've just read the report [emoji853]. http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTg3ODAyNjE%3d-fHbsq7A3i3c%3d

Edited by tartanexile81

Sorry to say that someone posted on FB that Oceana failed an inspection in Charleston on our cruise, all about hygiene in kitchen, water in pools etc. I thought it was an April Fool but I've just read the report [emoji853]. http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTg3ODAyNjE%3d-fHbsq7A3i3c%3d

Eek:eek: Oceana failed because she was inspected in a US port. Maybe all the other P&O ships have similar problems

thinks, maybe this is why i have had stomach upsets on 2 out of my last 3 P&O cruises :(

Actually, if you look at all the reports for all the P&O ships, this appears to be the first time any of their ships have failed the Inspections - which I understand always take place in the USA.

One or two of the scores could be better though!

(And I have just seen that QM2 failed in 2011 - the inspection taking place whilst I was on her!)

Edited by Mysticalmother

• 3 weeks later...
Great review, well balanced as others have said. Was the Entertainment Manager Nigel Travis by any chance? Last time we had him I saw him in the gym every time I visited but rarely around the rest of the ship.

Yes it was. Only time we ever saw him was just occasionally introducing an act but that was usually left to his Deputy who's the double of Al Murray (AKA the Pub Landlord).

Yes it was. Only time we ever saw him was just occasionally introducing an act but that was usually left to his Deputy who's the double of Al Murray (AKA the Pub Landlord).

Funny isn't it? Some Entertainment Managers are at the forefront of all the events and others keep a very low profile. The cruise I was referring to was back in 2009, I guess some things never change!