Cabin for 2 Adult and 2 children question

We are cruising Freedom in October for our 50th anniversary with family. We have decided to pay for close friends and their two children, 6 & 8. I see inside and outside are only allow occupancy for 2. Before I call RCCL, does anyone have any suggestions for me. Don't want to be cheap, but we are on a budget for this cabin. I am not familiar with the Pullmans and pullout sofas. This is our 10th RCCL cruise but never had to inquire about such. Thanks for any help.

Without checking EVERY October Freedom cruise on RC's own website (it's a lot longer and more cumbersome than the other one), there seems to be availability there, too.

Not sure why the OP doesn't see the cabins.

Not sure about Freedom but on Allure we booked a Promenade room with a pull out sofa and a pullman. Our kids are similar ages to yours...10.5 and 6.5. Originally we even had a room just with the sofa bed...so 2 kids in a bed...but switched to one with a pullman too for the flexibility. A Promenade is the price range of an interior but the bay window should be fun and it gives you a view of 'outside' (the room). On Allure they are even a touch bigger than other standard rooms. I would assume that Freedom has similar.

Edited by LuCruise

We are cruising Freedom in October for our 50th anniversary with family. We have decided to pay for close friends and their two children, 6 & 8. I see inside and outside are only allow occupancy for 2. Before I call RCCL, does anyone have any suggestions for me. Don't want to be cheap, but we are on a budget for this cabin. I am not familiar with the Pullmans and pullout sofas. This is our 10th RCCL cruise but never had to inquire about such. Thanks for any help.

that's the perfect age for the pullman beds .. they will fit easily and even if restless sleepers, there are guards that can keep them from falling out. teh Agent will only list those cabins that can hold all 4

the pullout couch.. well. that depends on the kids and whether they are okay with sharing. or even some come cabins have one pullman and one couch.

many insides and OVs will hold four you just have to catch one that's not booked already

This is an example of what the pullmans would look like:

Twobedsetupaspullman.jpg

Oh wow. I wouldn't have liked that even when my kids were young. Our first couple cruises on Disney, we did just one inside room, but they had a sofa and pullman above it for the kids and a curtain in between where our bed was.

The last few cruises, we have done 2 connecting inside rooms and have found them to be not that much more and definitely worth it to us for the extra bathroom alone. We just got off the Liberty a couple weeks ago and had connecting promenade rooms and that is what we rebooked for our next cruise as well.

I agree with KusacAts. We did connecting insides with my kids, and it worked out really well. We had enough space and two bathrooms. It seemed like it was one "suite" keeping the door open, but you can still close it for some privacy once the kids are asleep (wink-wink).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with KusacAts. We did connecting insides with my kids, and it worked out really well. We had enough space and two bathrooms. It seemed like it was one "suite" keeping the door open, but you can still close it for some privacy once the kids are asleep (wink-wink).

I also agree. We used to do a balcony cabin, but on our last cruise (Allure) we switched to two inside adjoining rooms. The cost was actually a little less. We are TOTALLY hooked on doing this...2x storage, 2x bathrooms, 2x outlets, etc. We do like a balcony, but the gains of 2 cabins totally outweighed the balcony loss.

We had adjoining promenade cabins on Freedom a few years ago. They were the same price as a quad OV. So much extra space and two bathrooms! It was heaven. We are sailing Oasis in December and have a Boardwalk balcony with a sofa bed. I'm sure it will be very cramped but we plan on spending minimal time in our cabin on such and a big ship.

We are booked for December and we've booked connecting promenade cabins. Not much more than squeezing 4 in a cabin and we're able to put the kids to bed and we can be in the other room so not keeping them awake. Plus the extra storage room and bathroom is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I cruised Independence (sister ship to Freedom) with my three dd's (21, 17, 16) last October and we shared an inside. The only time it felt crowded was on the last night when we were trying to pack our six bags. Otherwise, there was plenty of room. I booked in 2014 when there was a true (and I believe last) BOGOHO so it was much less expensive than two connecting rooms.

Sailing Freedom in May and we booked 2 adjoining interior cabins. The price for 2 interior was somehow CHEAPER than booking one with all 4 of us....I assume its because we booked a Q and I think we had to jump up to an M or L category to get 4 people in a single cabin.