Msc Internet revised packages more expensive!

trinny

I am so annoyed with MSC, I booked and paid for my internet package £18 for 300 mins. Have just received an email today advising that the old packages are no longer available. Just looked at the new options and they are way more expensive and restrictive. So dissapointed:confused:

The most expensive one in the US is about $9.42 per day, that's much less expensive than I've ever seen on a cruise.

I just left the divina today and wish this package was available onboard. I waited to book my internet package (and drink package) until onboard due to all the website issues going on with people not getting credit for pre-purchases. The rates did double for the one hour plan. pre boarding I could have purchased one hour for $14.90 but onboard I was charged $29.95. I will be interested to hear if the daily unlimited is offered onboard in the future.

I just noticed the new ones the other day, but it seems that since they just loaded them, there was no way to book. I took screen shots and, if I cannot buy it ahead, I will inquire on board...

I too had a TON of IT issues and would prefer to NOT pre book, but for the internet, I might. I spent too much time trying to get myself back on my solo reservation...

pass the wine...

I called yesterday to try to book what I see online (daily packages) but the rep said they are not available and that she couldn't even see them. She quoted me some pretty high figures for the hourly rate...higher than I will pay. I don't have to be connected. I just thought it would be fun to upload some pictures to Facebook during the cruise. I too am afraid to prepay online. But that's moot because the site has been down for at least 12 hours so you can't login.I think they are trying to resolve some of the issues some (me) have been having. Keep your fingers crossed.:)

It says in the email we received we can only book the new packages by phone, I will call Monday and see what the situation is.

I'll try again too then. She didn't know what I was talking about when I said, Social Package, Surfer Package, and Streamer Package. Those look like fair deals to me. Much better than $30 for an hour.:D

This is what is listed on the US website:

Social: Connect with friends 24/7 on your favorite social networks

Access for 1 device to social networks and chat apps —Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Snapchat, WeChat, Pinterest, VK, Odnoklassniki, Sinaweibo, Qzone and Line. You can post photos, but audio and video are not available.

$4.50 per day / $16.50 per cruise*

* Price valid for 7-day cruises. The cost of each “per cruise” package depends on the length of the cruise.

Surfer: Browse the web and stay in touch via email and social networks

Access for up to 2 devices to social networks, chat apps, email and web browsing with standard bandwidth priority. Limit of 170 MB per day / 800 MB per cruise**. You can post photos, but audio and video are not available.

$11.00 per day / $33.00 per cruise*

* Price valid for 7-day cruises. The cost of each “per cruise” package depends on the length of the cruise.

**Limits valid for 7-day cruises. The MB of each “per cruise” package depends on the length of the cruise.

Streamer: Experience the web in full, including audio calls and video sharing

Full internet access for up to 4 devices, including audio and video streaming, with maximum bandwidth priority. Limit of 340 MB per day / 1.5 GB per cruise**

$22.00 per day / $66.00 per cruise*

**Limits valid for 7-day cruises. The MB of each “per cruise” package depends on the length of the cruise.

I presume that if you reach your daily limit it will cut off until your next day starts again. This is the issue I have with the new packages, I have no idea what my data usage is, whereas on the old packages I managed the minutes very well.

plucasana Does anyone know what happens when and if the limit of 350 mb/day is exceeded?

Having looked further at the packages there are additional charges in units eg 500mb 9 euros.

Just been on the phone to MSC to cancel my original internet booking and they did not have a clue what I was talking about. I was told to reply to my original email and ask for a refund. I can see this dragging on and on.

All sorted now, original booking refunded and paid £22 for the new package. I asked the question about what happens if you use all your daily data and the answer was "it will cut you off, however you will have the option to buy more data that day".

If you look online you can find multiple data calculators. I tried to figure it out somewhere and if I was just using Facebook/Insta/Snapchat and doing minimal uploads I figured I could be online a few hours a day with no problem. Since it will be the week before I go back to work for extended school year it will be nice to be able to check in with work periodically so I assume the middle plan would be great. Especially since two devices can be used. It will also be nice for checking in for flights home!

It's available on the Divina now. I'm sailing in May, I emailed my girl today and she added it. The code for it on my invoice is ISUMIN-Surfer cruise-17.50- if that helps anybody. She did tell me the price was $35, not $33, still a great deal. I'm traveling solo, so, maybe I'll only have to pay the 17.50, that would be an even better deal! Live review, here I come! :D:D

Can you buy it on the ship?

The phone rep I spoke to last week (to straighten out my prepaid items) said I had through today to call in to prebook so I wasn't to worried each time I attempted to do it online and was greeted with the "IT" maintenance message. However, today when I called to book an internet package, he (same guy) said it's too late the manifest has been sent. I asked him if I could book the same internet package that is listed online and he said those are not available until summer. So tell me, why is that what is listed online now? :mad:

I asked him if I could book the same internet package that is listed online and he said those are not available until summer. So tell me, why is that what is listed online now? :mad:

Pam, I see you're sailing this Saturday. Why don't you print out the package details, especially the parts that says it is available on all ships and bring it with you? The worst they can say is it's not available. I've booked it for May, but, wouldn't be surprised if I get there and it's not available, disappointed, but, not surprised. Have a great cruise, either way and have a slice of pizza for me.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9588%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E2873942395257ot1lsi

It's available on the Divina now. I'm sailing in May, I emailed my girl today and she added it. The code for it on my invoice is ISUMIN-Surfer cruise-17.50- if that helps anybody. She did tell me the price was $35, not $33, still a great deal. I'm traveling solo, so, maybe I'll only have to pay the 17.50, that would be an even better deal! Live review, here I come! :D:D

That is great to hear! Tech prices ShOULD be reducing. There are things about MSC that are very consumer friendly! Have a great time :)

Can you buy it on the ship?

For me, The Internet was cheaper to purchase before boarding. There were more choices too. Same with laundry, not all the pre-boarding packages were available once on board. I didn't book anything before boarding because the web site was having some very serious security issues. It's a crap shoot, but I wouldn't count on everything being available once on board. I think Maureen gave solid advice by suggesting to print off what you see online. I never even thought to do that because i never thought the packages would be different. Good luck!

How "fast" is the internet on the MSC? I think I read somewhere that RCL has some type of newer, faster, internet (vs. the old satellite which is about dial up speeds).

Not looking to play games, but maybe post a few pictures or something.