Questions about Insignia

missm

We are new to Oceania and considering booking a segment on Insignia's 2018 World Cruise. Have any of you sailed in a Veranda cabin and, if so, could you tell us how the bathrooms are configured? Is there a nice-size shower stall or a tub? Also, do any of you know what the "special features" are in some cabins? I was looking at a deck plan and saw a * symbol, indicating "special features", but not explaining what those features are.

Do you think there would be enough to do at night for a 5-week cruise duration? We are a little concerned about being bored.....

Thanks to all for any help/advice you are able to share!

Mary and Chuck

We have sailed Veranda on Insignia. No tub. Shower is SMALL. You need a Penthouse at minimum for a tub on this size ship.

Can't help on special features but I know others will.

Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like your worry will predominate...

On R ships...Insignia et al, you are the master of ceremonies, the entertainment aside from the artist loft classes and lecturers and the best library at sea. Dining, meeting others, conversation and you are the entertainment. Other than the appreciation of the experience of a wonderful ship and the pleasure of ship travel. No vegas shows.... low key and similar low key passengers. You need to decide if you can entertain your self and, like most on the ship just be content to enjoy each day and each port.

My opinion on the R ships is you either go with an inside on Deck 8 7006 0r 7007 the expended deluxe ocean view or the penthouse which have a tub/shower combo all in one.

The insides are only 5 sq ft smaller than a veranda.. unless you get a PH. Special equip may be for Handicap or connecting cabins.

I make my pick by the weather, the route, the number of sea days. No point paying for a veranda that you can use because of rain, wind,etc. Likewise doing long multi sea days... the insides on a are with the PH, but half the price... and just steps away from the Horizon lounge and pool deck..... both with better views than a veranda.....and bar service on top.

If you are looking at the deck plans online if you hover your mouse over the cabin with the * it will tell you what the special feature is

Usually a triple with sofa bed

In the brochure just look at the Legend with the symbols

Thank you all for your kind feedback. You have been most helpful! We will look at your suggestions, and when pricing is released next week, will decide which will be the best way to go. The itinerary we are looking at is perfect, and something we've wanted to do for a long time. I think we can survive without shows, etc., for the duration!

Mary and Chuck

Study the deck plans, check out the cabins relation to the enjoyment centers .

Getting out of the cabin on a 5 week is a wise idea.. The public areas are un-like the mass market crowded cattle areas... It makes lounging about and meeting your fellow passengers... Its like a British country boutique hotel.. totally different atmosphere with only 600 or so not 3000 folks Really conducive to visiting and sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
We are new to Oceania and considering booking a segment on Insignia's 2018 World Cruise. Have any of you sailed in a Veranda cabin and, if so, could you tell us how the bathrooms are configured? Is there a nice-size shower stall or a tub? Also, do any of you know what the "special features" are in some cabins? I was looking at a deck plan and saw a * symbol, indicating "special features", but not explaining what those features are.

Do you think there would be enough to do at night for a 5-week cruise duration? We are a little concerned about being bored.....

Thanks to all for any help/advice you are able to share!

Mary and Chuck

Just booked the 38 day Sydney to LA (2018) on Insignia in an aft B2. We've been on Regatta and, as sloop sailors who could care less about cabin size or any "ocean motion," the R ship B2 cabin is terrific and priced right (even though O recently made some of the former B2s into B1s).

If this is the segment your looking at, the B2s are going fast.