Suite guests in Diamond Lounge ?

are infringing upon territory that was never theirs they just co opted because they felt special.

With all due respect Isnt that similar to a wife that has military perks but never served:confused:

As the OP , this will be our 2nd RCI cruise . On our 1st we was outside the Diamond lounge and our sea pass card worked. We chatted to the conceige, who was really nice and talked about the various facilities in the lounge. She never said your not allowed in here. But i will check when on our next cruise in May.

All well and good, except for the fact that posh is not an acronym for port out starboard home.

Did you use wikipedia as your point of reference? Where you will find its a backronym.

Would you care to elucidate.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpkpeBJupo

Edited by BobnJac

It is commonly believed (but not provable) that the acronym POSH dates back to the time when Britain ruled India (the Raj). In those days, young upper class British men were expected to visit India at least once but, having been brought up in a "land full of rainy skies and gales", they were not used to the tropical sun and more comfortable on the shady side of the ship. Thus they would prefer to be on the port side sailing to India (OUT of Britain) and on the starboard side sailing back to Britain (HOME). Thus Port Out Starboard Home.

It is commonly believed (but not provable) that the acronym POSH dates back to the time when Britain ruled India (the Raj). In those days, young upper class British men were expected to visit India at least once but, having been brought up in a "land full of rainy skies and gales", they were not used to the tropical sun and more comfortable on the shady side of the ship. Thus they would prefer to be on the port side sailing to India (OUT of Britain) and on the starboard side sailing back to Britain (HOME). Thus Port Out Starboard Home.

Thank you for that clarification of the acronym. That of course stems from the time when that tiny island, the United Kingdom, ruled large swathes of the known world. Headed of course by a Monarch. Our present one is 90 years young this year and has ruled since 1953.

A great feat. ( Shes probably Pinnacle or Zenith on Britannia) before it was docked.

She never ate at the Captains table as she was loathe to dine with the staff it was said.

Maybe not romantic times, but something to stir the imagination.

It used to be said the sun never sets on the Commonwealth as it extended over many Continents and countries.

We prefer the company usually found in the DL to that of the CL. Prefer to spend time with seasoned cruisers and exchange tales and experiences as opposed to sitting listening to one cruise wonders(Suites) for the most part.

The Duchess and I will be traveling POSH though, Port out Starboard home.

We are not one cruise wonders, but travel exclusively in suites. We are lowly Diamond on RCCL, Elite on Celebrity, Platinum on Princess etc. We have access to both the Diamond Lounge and Suite Lounge.

Let's make a deal - you stay out of the DL and we will stick to the suite lounge. I would rather not mingle with someone with your attitude.

FYI we have met some lovely people in the suite lounge (CL) over the years and for the most part they too were seasoned cruisers.

Edited by DebJ14

We prefer the company usually found in the DL to that of the CL. Prefer to spend time with seasoned cruisers and exchange tales and experiences as opposed to sitting listening to one cruise wonders(Suites) for the most part.

The Duchess and I will be traveling POSH though, Port out Starboard home.

Like Many, we also are Suite dwellers and lowly D+, and enjoy the Suite Lounge where all the one hit wonders and commoners reside.

Soon the Suite Lounge will be for Suite guests and pinnacles ONLY, fleet wide, so a little dicky bird tells me. (rumor mill started:D)

The Diamond Lounge will be for me too (D+:))

Most people we have met in the SL are pinnacles and seasoned cruisers

And very nice people who just like to vacation in style and just so happen to sail in suites and as often as they can.

Nothing snobby or posh at all, for those who have met me on ships, will tell you I am as common as they come, I hate plums

But my ladies like Suites and daughter loves her piano, so I do what every good father and husband does, I give in way too easily and they get what they want.

Must say the OS on Allure was not too big, the RS on Jewel had no hot tub on the balcony and the RS on Adventure I got for the price of a JS on Liberty.

The multiple GS and JS rooms have also been very nice as well. On all classes of ships.

Was gutted I could not get the RS on Liberty, oh well.

After 22 cruises in Only suites, I feel I must try an inside cabin to be a "one interior wonder" still D+ though:o

Sure you get some famous people and big wigs giving it the I am the bees knees in the CL & SL, but that is free entertainment for us.

And don't get me started on NCL, X OR HAL!!

Now when you walk into the DL, the eye of evil, always finds its way in my direction, gives you the up and down and scoffs.

I know I should not wear my suite robe into the DL but it sure is fun.

Anyways just messing, waffled way too much.

So just play nice

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

People that say they travel exclusively in suites are just as boorish as those who brag about their status

Then I must be boorish, common and not good enough to be in the LaLa club:p Pineapple

John, I was messing, lighten up old chap:)

We all you know you like to joke around most of the time.

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

Then I must be boorish, common and not good enough to be in the LaLa club[emoji14] Pineapple

John, I was messing, lighten up old chap:)

We all you know you like to joke around most of the time.

Happy Days!

No worries, Laura is merely a mid range D+ anyway. I'm just along for the ride.

FWIW, the only term that makes me cringe more than 'exclusively' is 'in their own right' [emoji6]

At the end of the day it's all good. Anyway, I think I'm suffering from cruise withdrawal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

No worries, Laura is merely a mid range D+ anyway. I'm just along for the ride.

FWIW, the only term that makes me cringe more than 'exclusively' is 'in their own right' [emoji6]

At the end of the day it's all good. Anyway, I think I'm suffering from cruise withdrawal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

All good

You have enough in 2016/2017 to fill your boots

Once you get that Gold Card for life in November all of this CL DL SL shenanigans will be a thing of the past

Congrats on your upcoming pineapple

Happy Days!

Like Many, we also are Suite dwellers and lowly D+, and enjoy the Suite Lounge where all the one hit wonders and commoners reside.

Soon the Suite Lounge will be for Suite guests and pinnacles ONLY, fleet wide, so a little dicky bird tells me. (rumor mill started:D)

The Diamond Lounge will be for me too (D+:))

Most people we have met in the SL are pinnacles and seasoned cruisers

And very nice people who just like to vacation in style and just so happen to sail in suites and as often as they can.

Nothing snobby or posh at all, for those who have met me on ships, will tell you I am as common as they come, I hate plums

But my ladies like Suites and daughter loves her piano, so I do what every good father and husband does, I give in way too easily and they get what they want.

Must say the OS on Allure was not too big, the RS on Jewel had no hot tub on the balcony and the RS on Adventure I got for the price of a JS on Liberty.

The multiple GS and JS rooms have also been very nice as well. On all classes of ships.

Was gutted I could not get the RS on Liberty, oh well.

After 22 cruises in Only suites, I feel I must try an inside cabin to be a "one interior wonder" still D+ though:o

Sure you get some famous people and big wigs giving it the I am the bees knees in the CL & SL, but that is free entertainment for us.

And don't get me started on NCL, X OR HAL!!

Now when you walk into the DL, the eye of evil, always finds its way in my direction, gives you the up and down and scoffs.

I know I should not wear my suite robe into the DL but it sure is fun.

Anyways just messing, waffled way too much.

So just play nice

Happy Days!

Graham, we must have been typing at the same time. We have an RS on Serenade next year. Looking forward to piano

Graham, we must have been typing at the same time. We have an RS on Serenade next year. Looking forward to piano

Don't forget to ask the Concierge to get you some sheet music, no cheating on the auto player:)

The remote control is in the stool;)

Thank you for making my point: It is a common misconception.

That little paragraph that you c&p'ed is all over the Internet, but is entirely untrue. I'm sure if you search a little longer, you'll find that it has been debunked over and over.

I am not a one cruise wonder and sail exclusively in suites. and FTR when anyone starts in with the "I have X many days at sea" nonsense my husband can look them in the eye and say he has more than that in the last 6 months alone. I am sick and tired of being looked down on by Diamonds and Diamond Pluses who thinks that just because they have sailed more often( but decidedly not necessarily having spent more money) that their fecal matter does not produce an odor and those of us in Suites are infringing upon territory that was never theirs they just co opted because they felt special.

WOW! Having a bad day?. Truly pathetic in so many ways.:rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

I am tired of ANYONE looking down on ANYONE ELSE.

Period.

Sheesh.

+1

A simple question turns into people with status looking down on people in suites and vice versa. sigh. There are great people in both categories and not-nice people in both categories. When people make sweeping statements it makes me think that they might be in the not-nice category - but I won't decide until I meet them.

+1

A simple question turns into people with status looking down on people in suites and vice versa. sigh. There are great people in both categories and not-nice people in both categories. When people make sweeping statements it makes me think that they might be in the not-nice category - but I won't decide until I meet them.

Quite agree, with this comment. I never judge people on status. Its what that person is actually like that matters.