Help, we need insurance and are past 15 days deposit

The Nationwide policy sounds better than the RCL policy option. Thanks for sharing!

One thing about Royal's policy is that it does not have to be purchased right away to cover pre-existing conditions.

One thing about Royal's policy is that it does not have to be purchased right away to cover pre-existing conditions.

I'm pretty sure there is a 60 day look back, and it does not start until you actually purchase the coverage.

--a condition that first presents, worsens, becomes acute or has

symptoms causing a person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment,

or prompts a change in medication, during the 60 days before you

purchased this waiver; mental, nervous or psychological disorders,

or normal pregnancy....

But you're right it doesn't have to be purchased 'right away' if the lookback is good for you.

Edited by marci22

I'm pretty sure there is a 60 day look back, and it does not start until you actually purchase the coverage.

--a condition that first presents, worsens, becomes acute or has

symptoms causing a person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment,

or prompts a change in medication, during the 60 days before you

purchased this waiver; mental, nervous or psychological disorders,

or normal pregnancy....

But you're right it doesn't have to be purchased 'right away' if the lookback is good for you.

Yes, I was aware of the lookback, but the "purchase" date is what I'm not sure of. I know that if you just add Royal's insurance to the booking, it is not considered purchased until final payment. So I don't know when the lookback date is.

Yes, I was aware of the lookback, but the "purchase" date is what I'm not sure of. I know that if you just add Royal's insurance to the booking, it is not considered purchased until final payment. So I don't know when the lookback date is.

You can call and ask to pay the insurance premium immediately. The lookback date starts from there.

I have read a few complaints here where people didn't realize that the lookback date didn't start until they paid the premiums.

I added the Royal insurance when I booked our cruise. I was thinking of switching because I want more than my cruise covered. We are driving to FLL and the room rate I'm looking at is non-refundable and if we book excursions with local tour companies I want them all to be covered in the event we had to cancel for some reason. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can call and ask to pay the insurance premium immediately. The lookback date starts from there.

I have read a few complaints here where people didn't realize that the lookback date didn't start until they paid the premiums.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by clarea

I added the Royal insurance when I booked our cruise. I was thinking of switching because I want more than my cruise covered. We are driving to FLL and the room rate I'm looking at is non-refundable and if we book excursions with local tour companies I want them all to be covered in the event we had to cancel for some reason. Thoughts?

I think that third party insurance will usually have broader coverage than the cruiseline insurance.

Write down things that are important to you, like preexisting lookback period, cancel for any reason, terrorism, medical limits, etc, and then compare policies.

The online insurance sellers insuremytrip, tripinsurancestore, have compare policy features that make it easy to see the differences.

Check out Nationwide Cruise specific policies https://travel.nationwide.com/plans-cruise.html

To be covered for or pre-existing conditions the policy has to be purchased prior to the final payment. Not within a 10-15 window of the booking date as with other companies.

Personally have switch to Nationwide's Cruise Policies since it doesn't have to be purchased until prior to the final payment. This way I'm not out the insurance premium if my plans change prior to the final payment as has happened in the past with Allianze and Travel Guard.

Agreed. We've switched to these Nationwide plans for exactly the same reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When we got insurance from a 3rd party we could call and add non-refundable components as we booked them. When it would hit a threshold that increased the premium, we would pay that extra at that point.

Agreed. We've switched to these Nationwide plans for exactly the same reasons.

Yep, we found Nationwide also.

Will now consider them each time.

Thanks to everyone for their help on this. We are all insured and ready to go. Now just to wait till November!!!