Help, we need insurance and are past 15 days deposit

OK, just booked but didn't get the insurance booked within 15 days. Now they are saying that pre existing is not covered.

Can someone tell me a company that doesn't have a 15 day rule with pre existing covered.

Check out these sites:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

OK, just booked but didn't get the insurance booked within 15 days. Now they are saying that pre existing is not covered.

Can someone tell me a company that doesn't have a 15 day rule with pre existing covered.

We've used Trip Insurance Store to cover pre-existing after the 14 day rule. There's still a look back time but coverage is available.

https://tripinsurancestore.com/csa-travel-insurance-plan-details/

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Agree with this. I always use the first site Bob listed, and call to talk with a live person. They can walk you through options, coverage limits and look-back periods, etc.

There are policies that cover preexisting conditions outside of the initial booking period, but they will cost more than if you had bought at the same time as booking.

The insurance RCL sells does not cover preexisting unless purchased within 2 weeks of booking. At least that was the policy the last time I booked.

If the pre-existing condition is controlled during the look back period, then you generally don't have to worry about it. Obviously read the policy specifics.

For instance, if you have diabetes and it is controlled through your meds = as long as it was controlled during the look back periods, you are usually fine.

The rates for getting exclusions after final payment are pretty outrageous.

Edited by MattInFLL

There are a couple of companies that offer this for pre-existing conditions.

Just go to one of the search sites mentioned such as http://www.insuremytrip.com

And then call them to ask them which companies.

While you can find it through their search functions, it's easy to contact them.

In fact, this is their toll free number: 1-800-487-4722

Keith

We've used Trip Insurance Store to cover pre-existing after the 14 day rule. There's still a look back time but coverage is available.

https://tripinsurancestore.com/csa-travel-insurance-plan-details/

Agree...call Steve or one of his associates..Their amazing at getting you the perfect policy for your particular needs...and that personal touch that you don't get from many in the business. We as well as many other's on these boards use him and recommend his company often.

I have found 2 insurance companies that offer policies including preexisting if purchased within 24 hours of the final payment. Rates are very competitive vs buying at initial deposit. If you use the searches suggested above, these appear....follow the row for preexisting coverage to find them.

Some of the policies require purchase within 21 days. I have just been comparing policies for a future trip. I'm pretty sure that CSA Luxe has pre-existing waiver within 24 hours of final, for those kooky procrastinators.

For pre-existing conditions, some of the policies have 60 day lookbacks; a lot have 180 day lookbacks. So compare policies.

Also, even if you have a condition, if it has as remained stable with no change in medications, it is not a problem. If you are not sure, call and ask. The reps at insuremytrip.com have been very helpful with all of my questions and seem to know a lot. Also their lines are recorded so they shouldn't give you a bs answer.

Agree...call Steve or one of his associates..Their amazing at getting you the perfect policy for your particular needs...and that personal touch that you don't get from many in the business. We as well as many other's on these boards use him and recommend his company often.

Agree about Steve and his associates and the Trip Insurance Store website has answers to just about anything you need to know about trip insurance.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

last cruise we got insurance thru RC, looking into insuremytrip. Does it allow you to cancel insurance if you change cruise. From time to time we move to another cruise prior to final payment.

Insuremytrip is an aggregator site that offers a way to shop for a wide range of plans from many different insurers. The availability and cost of pre-existing condition waivers and other features will vary significantly, so you need to know what features are important to you and select accordingly. If you are at all unsure, I agree with the PPs who have suggested calling to talk with someone who can walk you through the various options and help you identify the plan that may work best for you.

RCI's travel insurance covers pre-existing conditions if your condition has been stable, no medical tests or changed medications, for the 60 days PRIOR to purchase of the insurance if purchased before or ON the date of final payment, no matter how long ago your made your first payment.

Check out Nationwide Cruise specific policies https://travel.nationwide.com/plans-cruise.html

To be covered for or pre-existing conditions the policy has to be purchased prior to the final payment. Not within a 10-15 window of the booking date as with other companies.

Personally have switch to Nationwide's Cruise Policies since it doesn't have to be purchased until prior to the final payment. This way I'm not out the insurance premium if my plans change prior to the final payment as has happened in the past with Allianze and Travel Guard.

last cruise we got insurance thru RC, looking into insuremytrip. Does it allow you to cancel insurance if you change cruise. From time to time we move to another cruise prior to final payment.

Depends on the particular insurance company you pick, but we have moved the insurance to a different cruise before.

Check out Nationwide Cruise specific policies https://travel.nationwide.com/plans-cruise.html

To be covered for or pre-existing conditions the policy has to be purchased prior to the final payment. Not within a 10-15 window of the booking date as with other companies.

Personally have switch to Nationwide's Cruise Policies since it doesn't have to be purchased until prior to the final payment. This way I'm not out the insurance premium if my plans change prior to the final payment as has happened in the past with Allianze and Travel Guard.

This is one of the policies I was suggesting above. I've also switched to them. I've read the terms of the coverage, called them with my questions and am comfortable with the terms of their coverage. Everyone should find what works best for them and inform themselves of the loss coverages they are purchasing. Great suggestions to ask questions as well.