Tips & Advice wanted on how to manage without an iron

Well folks plenty of tips for me...many thanks to you all.

Conclusions

Ditch the linen

Spray bottle of water with fabric conditioner....is the fabric conditioner a "magic" ingredient"?

Pack carefully...which I do...always use plenty of tissue paper when folding clothes.

If that fails hang "wrinkled" clothes in a steamy bathroom

Send out to be pressed...clothes not me.

Or

Don't give a *** and face the world wrinkles and all :D

Looks like you're ready to cruise. Enjoy.

Looks like you're ready to cruise. Enjoy.

I am always ready to cruise!....its just as I said on our recent cruises we have always had access to a launderette and consequently an iron. On the recent cruise that we did without a Launderette...MSC...it was only for 7 nights so not so much of a problem as a 14 nighter is going to be

It won't solve all you problems but if you see taking hair straighteners with you they can be helpful. I use them to "iron" my husbands shirt collars and the edges of skirts or sleeves etc. They aren't on the banned list and can just spruce things up a bit

It won't solve all you problems but if you see taking hair straighteners with you they can be helpful. I use them to "iron" my husbands shirt collars and the edges of skirts or sleeves etc. They aren't on the banned list and can just spruce things up a bit

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has used this trick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Buy clothes that don't wrinkle badly and pack carefully.

Nobody really cares if you have a few wrinkles. I couldn't care less if you have a few wrinkles as long as you dress appropriately and you are clean.

The 2.5 gal. zip lock bags work great! I roll everything, I can put capris in one, tops in another, dressier clothes, makes packing and unpacking very easy.

Many people swear by the packing cubes but I've success with the zip lock bags.

We took all of our men's shirts to the dry cleaners before the cruise and they came back on hangers. Great....now what? :confused:

Well... we just double folded the plastic garment cover from the dry cleaners (with the shirts in them) and placed it on the very top in our suitcase. We thought for sure they would be wrinkled by the time we unpacked on the ship :( But, imagine our surprise...not even one wrinkle. :D

We use the pressing service on some clothes.

We also carry an empty spray bottle and a small container of Downy (3-6 oz depending the size of the spray bottle) in our luggage and mix it when we get on the ship. That way it cuts down luggage weight. Works wonders :D

Edited by TexCruise371