Chances of 2017 summer kids sail free?

Peachypooh

Hi everyone. We would like to plan an extended family vacation for the summer of 2017. Right now there are some family members where it would only be possible if the third and fourth guest would sail free. This would be late August. Since it is busy season since school is out do they ever do the kids/3rd and 4th guest sail free promotions then? I know it is not possible to predict but those of you that have taken advantage of this was it ever then? This would be the Gem sailing out of NY. Thanks !

It's no longer KSF as any 3-8 qualifies. For the second year in a row we are using this feature to cruise the last week of August, returning Labor Day weekend. Without the promotion we wouldn't be sailing.

Be sure to check several ports. We booked the newest ships, but choosing something older may offer greater options.

Edited by Nola26

That was another DelRio change. When they used to offer KSF under Sheehan, you only paid for passengers 1 and 2, everyone else was free. The garden villa girls and I got our suite as a true KSF, passengers 3-8 were free, the way Delrio has it priced out now is:

Passengers 1-2 pay full fare

Passengers 3-4 free

Passengers 5-8 discounted (sometimes) rate.

The reason I say sometimes on passengers paying a discounted rate on 5-8 is Bermuda sometimes is $999-$1299 for the extra passengers. I don't call that discounted lol.

I am glad we booked it when we did.

To the OP you may be able to grab the last week in June (school ending) or the last week of August (right before school starts) for a KSF but even that is iffy. The summer months are notoriously expensive. You may want to look at the Presidents' Day week instead (Prices go up a little but you stand a better chance of nailing a KSF sailing).

Also I have found the best deals are offered December and January, I think all the cruise lines see a drop in bookings because of the holidays so that's when you see the best deals.

Edited by iimmie

I'm not seeing this. I looked for a cabin for 5 on the Sun and the 5th passenger is not free, it's $399. Where did you hear this?

Looks like the promotion changed to 3rd-4th free. But at $399 think of it as $133pp for 3-5, still a deal.

For some sailings they offered 50% off 3-8 and not free.

Friends and family sail free promo has been on for over a year now so why would it end? When it ends they just start it right back up again. The difference now is it just isn't kids.. it's any 3rd and 4th passenger sail free except for the taxes and service fess

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Friends and family sail free promo has been on for over a year now so why would it end? When it ends they just start it right back up again. The difference now is it just isn't kids.. it's any 3rd and 4th passenger sail free except for the taxes and service fess

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Only valid on select sailings. When we booked (in August 2015), it was a KSF promotion valid on any sailing. Since then, it's only been KSF on select sailings.

Only valid on select sailings. When we booked (in August 2015), it was a KSF promotion valid on any sailing. Since then, it's only been KSF on select sailings.

At it turns on and off. I booked in January but I think it was off in December

Thank you to everyone who posted. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. My husband and I booked our cabin as for some reason the higher priced cabins were pretty reasonable and were going fast.

I am very familiar with NCL and cruised the Pearl and have another one planned for her plus one on the Jade and now planning the Gem. I have always had good luck with pricing for just the two of us so I am amazed how much they want for even an inside for a couple with two small children. Thanks again!