Upgrading Online

Cruise-y

Is there any way to do a cabin upgrade from your online account? I've always booked everything myself online and don't use a TA. Thanks

I'm fairly certain that they (Oceania) deliberately make that impossible, due to the cancellation fee's which could be triggered.

Is there any way to do a cabin upgrade from your online account? I've always booked everything myself online and don't use a TA. Thanks

The chance of getting an up grade your self just aint gonna happen...they go to agents In addition, this is an out of the system accounting problem...gotta cancel one refund, then book a new

While its your choice whether to use an Agent or not....you do realize that you buying always at full list with the absolute min , if any benefits? And any potential benifit you might get, will never come close to what even an average agent could get for you... A look at the past 5 yeas booking with an agent is literally thousands upon thousands of dollars saved vs your self.

The chance of getting an up grade your self just aint gonna happen...they go to agents In addition, this is an out of the system accounting problem...gotta cancel one refund, then book a new

While its your choice whether to use an Agent or not....you do realize that you buying always at full list with the absolute min , if any benefits? And any potential benifit you might get, will never come close to what even an average agent could get for you... A look at the past 5 yeas booking with an agent is literally thousands upon thousands of dollars saved vs your self.

OK, so you are saying that the cruise lines charge LESS for an agent to do the booking, even though they have to pay that agent a percentage fee? Sounds odd to me.

OK, so you are saying that the cruise lines charge LESS for an agent to do the booking, even though they have to pay that agent a percentage fee? Sounds odd to me.

Not odd at all, nothing is ever charged to the TA, the passenger doesn't pay the TA, the TA gets a credit card number from the customer and passes that on to O who charges the full price to the customers account.

O pays the TA in the neighborhood of 18% of what is termed the commisionable amount of the cruise, that is the full cruise fare less taxes and air. The TA then can do any number of things for the customer, pay the gratuities, pay for a drink package, provide refundable OBC, and best of all rebate cash to the customer. Some TA's including ours rebates 10% of more in pure cash that you can use as you choose.

Some TA's also have deals with O where they can provide OBC or other perks with much of the costs coming from O. You are leaving literally thousands of dollars on the table by booking direct with the cruise line not to say the help that can come from a good TA like ours should issues occur, they are your POC for any issues and can help solve issues that you can't do yourself and that the person with the cruise line you are booking with certainly can't or won't do as an employee of the cruise line whereas your TA works for you.

Simply foolish to book direct with any cruiseline!!!!

It's more simple than that.

To the Cruise Line the "Typical" passenger represents two to three bookings per year at the very best, whereas an agent can hopefully be counted on for dozens to hundreds....where would you invest your business capitol?

You...as a person booking direct will ALWAYS GET CHARGED AND PAY MORE/ while at the same time insuring you will loose a second time, get the least if any offered benefits. Many of the discounts and special prices you will NEVER see Hey on a simple 10 day rt Miami, Miami... some $850 off. plus offered a veranda b4 from an inside for $700 total.... With your booking direct you never would have gotten it...probably even if you asked because those offers only go the an agent !

So, think about the next time...do you get smart or get taken ?