Questions about STILA at Seatac

JudithLynne

Very convenient! No the price doesn't include the tip.

You need to call STILA and ask about the price to pier 91. The price at their kiosk is only for downtown, $45.

Please post the answer as I'm sure others would like to know. My guess would be 60-65.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

Edited by mapleleaves

Thanks for the update. That's a good price for a private towncar service!

If you're looking for a more budget friendly, but don't feel comfortable with uber, etc. Shuttle Express has service between the airport and pier at $44 pp RT. You have to walk to their kiosk in the parking garage tho.

flatrateforhire.com is a flat rate cab service ... $35 to pier 91. I make a reservation with them so a driver is waiting off site for me, then call when I have my luggage and the driver shows up in a few minutes.

For the return to the airport, Seattle Express is $15pp.

the STila rate is lower than the Uber Black or suv rate so its a great alternative to a cab. There is also another shuttle service and you can check the rates online

speedishuttleseattle.com

you can try them as also since cabs rates increased again so a cab is likely to be as much as a towncar.

Edited by Dan G

we are going to go with the STILA town car because of the convenience.

Returning to SeaTac we are going to go with Seattle Express. After speaking with owner Matt yesterday, it seems like a good option to us and they have very good CC reviews. He plans to have his first bus at Pier 91 at 7:30 AM. (Our flight is 12:15 PM)

We are not on a strict budget, having diligently prepared for retirement. Our primary requirements are dependability and ease of use.

One thing that I need to keep in mind with the arrangements is that I have a bad knee. You would never guess that watching me walk (unassisted,) but getting into and out of a van is almost impossible. Matt has small shuttle buses and will put me in the front seat with advance notice. I was really impressed with him, he was kind and informative.

Sure appreciate both of you responding to my request for info.....

Judith

Transportation to and downtown and then pier is very confusing for me.

We are a family of 4. Travelling from the airport to one of the downtown hotels.

Staying overnight then need transportation to pier.

Any advice? Mapleleaves - you seem to be very knowledgable.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

If you're looking for a more budget friendly, but don't feel comfortable with uber, etc. Shuttle Express has service between the airport and pier at $44 pp RT. You have to walk to their kiosk in the parking garage tho.

flatrateforhire.com is a flat rate cab service ... $35 to pier 91. I make a reservation with them so a driver is waiting off site for me, then call when I have my luggage and the driver shows up in a few minutes.

Hi We are are arriving in Seattle for cruise on 8th Oct. Do we need to pre book Flatrateforhire (2) & pay in advance or pay when arrive. Cheers Lynne

Hi Iam trying to get a quote/booking with Flatrateforhire.. Have trouble accessing their quote system. ( Maybe its because I am in Australia) I am trying to get a quote Sea Tac to Hotel downtown.. Are they still in business.. its very strange cheers.

You don't need to prebook Flatrateforhire.com as they can be called or text when you get your luggage. Check back in a month or two as Flat rate is the new 'exclusive' cab at Seatac so not sure if they will offer a flat rate for taxi rides. Its supposed to change from Yellow Cab to Flat Rate in October.

Uber also now allows you to prebook.

I don't know the other ones mentioned here, but we used Already There and it was $50 for the 3 of us in a town car. The rate was the same to our hotel on the north side of the city as well as from Pier 91 to Seatac. And we had a reservation set, only had to wait a few minutes for the cars to get through traffic. In fact, on our return from the cruise, we got off an hour earlier than we reserved, and they still had a car there in 5 minutes!

You don't need to prebook Flatrateforhire.com as they can be called or text when you get your luggage. Check back in a month or two as Flat rate is the new 'exclusive' cab at Seatac so not sure if they will offer a flat rate for taxi rides. Its supposed to change from Yellow Cab to Flat Rate in October.

Thank you for you info it is very helpful. We arrive on 6th October were would I find info as I try their site & its not responding. Thanks again.

Hi Dang have you heard anymore regarding changes to Flatratehire to cabs etc.. We arrive on 6th October can you let us know as we are coming from Australia.. Cheers

Hi Dang have you heard anymore regarding changes to Flatratehire to cabs etc.. We arrive on 6th October can you let us know as we are coming from Australia.. Cheers

The company has 2 websites:

flarateforhire.com

eastsideforhire.com

You enter the zip codes on the website and it will tell you the cost, or, enter pickup at seatac and dropoff downtown. That cost is still $29. They will send a prius. If there are more than 2 of you, request a minivan. I think its $5 more.

The company has 2 websites:

flarateforhire.com

eastsideforhire.com

You enter the zip codes on the website and it will tell you the cost, or, enter pickup at seatac and dropoff downtown. That cost is still $29. They will send a prius. If there are more than 2 of you, request a minivan. I think its $5 more.

Hi I am having trouble I get the price etc, but can not reserve ( maybe its because we are in Australia.) Thank you for your help I think I will just go with Speedie .. Cheers