Lifestyle VIP Cancellation

422Melissa

People need to do their proper research on their own and not accept what is written in the Carnival excursion website as gospel. In the Dominican Republic, the Punta Cana area has the soft silky sand and Carribbean feel that many seek, while Puerto Plata, where Amber Cove is located has a grittier sand and waves from the Atlantic Ocean instead of the smoothness of the Carribbean sea.

I definitely wasn't expecting white sand beaches. I knew exactly what kind of beach we would be going to. Even though I had researched and knew this, it did help that my son's girlfriend is from the Dominican so she made sure that I knew. In fact, she called her mom who is still in the DR to get recommendations on which resorts to try. Unfortunately, most of her suggestions were too far away from the port. We love Atlantic beaches though so we were ok with the the type of beach that we were getting. We just wanted the awesome vip resort experience that we were supposed to get.

I do agree that the cruise lines make some of their excursions sound much better than what they are. Which is why I love sites like TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc where I can get unbiased reviews. Plus, I like looking at the traveler photos so I can see some things for myself.

Just got off Valor and went to Iberostar in lieu of VIP. It was a far cry from what we booked when we booked VIP. No room around pools, no info given on return time, no waiters, the bar was a good ways from Beach, chairs were broken and wore out, the food was decent and some bartenders were friendly while others treated us as second class citizens. We reported our experience to the shore excursions desk and they gave us 50% refund and told us they were not using that resort again. I don't know what the new replacement will be but if it does remain Iberostar, do not expect anything like the reviews of VIP.

Just got off Valor and went to Iberostar in lieu of VIP. It was a far cry from what we booked when we booked VIP. No room around pools, no info given on return time, no waiters, the bar was a good ways from Beach, chairs were broken and wore out, the food was decent and some bartenders were friendly while others treated us as second class citizens. We reported our experience to the shore excursions desk and they gave us 50% refund and told us they were not using that resort again. I don't know what the new replacement will be but if it does remain Iberostar, do not expect anything like the reviews of VIP.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your experience! Sorry that it was no where near what you had envisioned when booking the VIP. After researching the Iberostar, I had already decided to cancel, and, now, after hearing your review, I'm glad I did. I do still wish that Carnival would just be upfront to us about what's going on instead of still telling me that there are no plans on their end to cancel our Lifestyle excursion next week. With it being removed as an option from our sailing, obviously, that's not the truth.

• 2 weeks later...
Punta Cana beaches are they close to where ship docks?

Anyone know if the lifestyle vip resort will be back as an option? Is it still listed for my June 25 sailing on the Magic.

We are also on Magic June 25 and actually booked the Serenity VIP excursion a few days ago. If there are issues, you would think they would not allow more bookings. I will be very upset if it's cancelled or replaced with a different resort after I have spent so much time researching the excursions.