Luggage Tags Not Printed

I have left the luggage tag to the porters for the past 12-15 cruises. It takes on average an indiscernible amount of time. They do it as they take your luggage. It adds no time to your drop off.

Going to Staples on vacation.... Just crazy.

What does it matter how the OP wants to spend their time? I am sure there are things you do on your vacation others would think are crazy and a waste of time.

We all gave them various suggestions now for them to decide what works best for them. Personally I would rather take care of the tags before getting to the port, have done it there in the past and not my preference, but I do understand that may not be everyone's preference.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

So taking 2 minutes to ask for copies vs having to wait in line for a porter to make them up for you is a waste of time?

Took LESS than 2 minutes for the porter to do our luggage tags on the 20th. And while he did it, he was chatting about the day, etc etc, it was all very pleasant.

....do you think it will take ages for porters to write out? If it's 5 mins I can live with that!!

If it's 5 minutes, something has gone very wrong LOL.

Show the setsail pass or the one you have, so that he sees written proof of your room number. That way he's not relying on your memory, and KNOWS the number. Makes it even easier for them.

How come no one cares about this at the airport? How come no one is here wishing airlines let you print out tags at home? How come no one here is talking about the RIDICULOUS luggage tag holders you can buy on this website (irony...) for their airline tags?

Such a silly practice, and people are just stuck in their ways....

FWIW, Alaska now has a print your own program, and they send out these HUGE reusable tag holders. :)