Luggage Tags Not Printed

Hi there,

We are due to board our cruise tomorrow and I've only printed out one luggage tag! Problem is we are staying in Florida at the moment and I have no idea where I could go to print out other 3 or 4 tags I would need? There is a Staples near us should I go there and see if I could "borrow" the use of a printer in the store????

I just completely forgot before we left UK to do this!! Annoyed as I bought clear plastic holders for printed tags to go into.....so that was a waste of money!!!

Any advice would be great.

Hi there,

We are due to board our cruise tomorrow and I've only printed out one luggage tag! Problem is we are staying in Florida at the moment and I have no idea where I could go to print out other 3 or 4 tags I would need? There is a Staples near us should I go there and see if I could "borrow" the use of a printer in the store????

I just completely forgot before we left UK to do this!! Annoyed as I bought clear plastic holders for printed tags to go into.....so that was a waste of money!!!

There is no problem. The porters will make luggage tags for you.

Yes, Staples does printing for a fee, so that's a good option. Another idea is a public library. They'd have a minimal fee for using their printer. Good luck!

Edited to add: posted at the same time as Clarea. Even better if you don't need to worry about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

Hi there,

just show the porter your cabin number and he will take care of you

Hi there,

You can get them from the porters at the port. Or since you have one printed, take it to the front desk at the hotel you are staying at and ask them to make a few copies for you. They might charge you for the copies or they might just do it for nothing. Worth asking though.

We'll have to get luggage tags for our upcoming cruise from the porters also. We changed cabins after final payment so, our booking docs show our old cabin number not the new cabin. Not expecting any issues, should be fine, we've seen lots of people getting tags from porters when arriving at the port.

We'll have to get luggage tags for our upcoming cruise from the porters also. We changed cabins after final payment so, our booking docs show our old cabin number not the new cabin. Not expecting any issues, should be fine, we've seen lots of people getting tags from porters when arriving at the port.

You can contact whoever booked your cruise and request your docs be re-issued. This takes a day or so, but it will fix your downloadable luggage tags too.

Yet another head scratching waste of time on vacation....

So taking 2 minutes to ask for copies vs having to wait in line for a porter to make them up for you is a waste of time? We found we were one tag short on a recent cruise. Had plenty of holders just not enough of the actual tag. Was a good use of my time, to me, to get a copy at the hotel front desk while coming back from breakfast.

To the OP, no need to worry you can get copies if you like of have the porters fill them out for you. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yet another head scratching waste of time on vacation....

How long could that possibly take? :confused:

Having said that, I agree with the others who pointed out that tags are available from the porters. Be forewarned however--time will be wasted while the porter writes your info on the tag! ;):)

Cruise1804, if you're like me, you really want to use your cruise tag holders. Take your one copy anywhere with a lot printer, hotel, Staples, etc, and ask them to make copies. It's all on copy paper, anyway. Takes seconds. You'll be happy and save time at the port.

Thank you all for your kind replies. We are staying in a villa so no front desk I'm afraid! If we have time I may try the Staples thing......I know tomorrow I'll be so impatient to get on.....do you think it will take ages for porters to write out? If it's 5 mins I can live with that!!

Again thank you all for coming back to me.

P.S Do they HAVE to be colour copies?

Thank you all for your kind replies. We are staying in a villa so no front desk I'm afraid! If we have time I may try the Staples thing......I know tomorrow I'll be so impatient to get on.....do you think it will take ages for porters to write out? If it's 5 mins I can live with that!!

Again thank you all for coming back to me.

P.S Do they HAVE to be colour copies?

It was less than five minutes for us, the last time the porters had to make tags for us.

You can contact whoever booked your cruise and request your docs be re-issued. This takes a day or so, but it will fix your downloadable luggage tags too.

I called in to Rccl and they said to just get them from the porters while back. I booked it directly online last year. I'll try again and see what they say.

I called in to Rccl and they said to just get them from the porters while back. I booked it directly online last year. I'll try again and see what they say.

Try calling Crown & Anchor, and just tell them you would please like your documents re-issued.

do you think it will take ages for porters to write out? If it's 5 mins I can live with that!!

I have left the luggage tag to the porters for the past 12-15 cruises. It takes on average an indiscernible amount of time. They do it as they take your luggage. It adds no time to your drop off.

Going to Staples on vacation.... Just crazy.

Since Staples is right by them, it would be a quick trip. I was advising it because OP wanted to use the luggage tag holders she bought.

We invariably run to Publix or CVS before our cruise. Also for something we could probably live without.

Hi there,

You only print the one--at least that is all I have ever done--and then make copies of it. I then fold, staple, and laminate with clear packing tape to make them more durable. I then use a hole punch to punch holes in ends and attach a piece of cut shoe lace through the hole to tie tags to luggage just before leaving for port (as we fly in the day before)

OP wanted to use the luggage tag holders she bought.

How come no one cares about this at the airport? How come no one is here wishing airlines let you print out tags at home? How come no one here is talking about the RIDICULOUS luggage tag holders you can buy on this website (irony...) for their airline tags?

Such a silly practice, and people are just stuck in their ways....