What do you think the chances are of a Cheers price increase?

Pkrpec

I'm booked in July on a 7day. We want to buy the cheers, but would like to pay off the balance before I purchase. My fear is that with all these enhancements, they might raise the price. Do you think there is any chance of that? I would hate to wait too long and then have to pay more. I always over analyze these type of things!!! Any thoughts on the idea of them raising prices before June or July?

I'm booked in July on a 7day. We want to buy the cheers, but would like to pay off the balance before I purchase. My fear is that with all these enhancements, they might raise the price. Do you think there is any chance of that? I would hate to wait too long and then have to pay more. I always over analyze these type of things!!! Any thoughts on the idea of them raising prices before June or July?

hi there

You should be safe. They just recently revamped the program with a price adjustment/increase.

have a great cruise

They have in effect already raised it to $54.95 per day but are currently offering a "discount" of $5 per day if you pre-purchase. I bet their next step is to raise the pre purchase cost to match the price currently offered on board. Then who knows after that. I think they will figure out a better package for people who don't drink alcohol and when they roll that out they'll hike up Cheers! another notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this same concern for my cruise later this month. I do think they will eventually raise it but who knows when or by how much. For my own peace of mind I bought it ASAP to lock in the price bc I'm a worrier.

I'm a worrier too, so I may just order it for peace of mind. Then there is the cruise I have booked for November of 17.... Guess I should get it now for that one as well. Then I am sure I will find something else to over analyze!!! Thanks!

I don't know if you can really "lock" in rates. Check out the disclaimer...

"Price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price."

I don't think this applies to pre-paid packages. I think it means that when paying onboard the price paid may or may not be the same as any previously advertised price.

I don't know anyone that goes hard for all 7 days of a cruise so Carnival has the advantage there. I may have 7 drinks one day and then 3 the next so overall I feel like I'm fine with the value but based on actual costs, Carnival should be so far in the green that I'm hoping the price won't increase more than maybe $5 per day. The non alcs they added are very cheap to make so not adding all that much actual cost to the program. ALso, more people are buying it just for the non alcs they added now. We'll see I guess!

You pay in full for it when you order it. It's like buying anything else from the fun shops - you give a credit card and it charges it immediately. I'm pretty sure that if you buy it now you will be fine.

They are raising there prices on everything.

They have in effect already raised it to $54.95 per day but are currently offering a "discount" of $5 per day if you pre-purchase. I bet their next step is to raise the pre purchase cost to match the price currently offered on board. Then who knows after that. I think they will figure out a better package for people who don't drink alcohol and when they roll that out they'll hike up Cheers! another notch.

Simple reason, pre pay and you cant use your OBC, wait till you are on board, and you can do what I do, Cash account, and the cheers eats up the OBC first.

Last cruise we had well over 800 in OBC from price drops, almost all of it the 3 weeks before the cruise. I won't pre pay, because I could never spend the 800 OBC on things other than booze.

It will go up, be assured of that. Typically not this close to the "revamp," however. I'd even think my sailing in October is safe. Until they accept gift cards as form of payment on the pre-purchase, though, I won't be buying it.

So...curious..why do all of you feel the price of Cheers will without a doubt go up? Please provide an answer that does not include, well, every cruise cost is going up. They aren't "kill-in it" profit wise with the current pricing?

So...curious..why do all of you feel the price of Cheers will without a doubt go up? Please provide an answer that does not include, well, every cruise cost is going up. They aren't "kill-in it" profit wise with the current pricing?

My rationale is that they have added quite a few new benefits to the program. Really, the price has increased with these benefits by $5/day if purchased on board.

Carnival will evaluate over a certain time period and adjust after that period. The adjustments will more than likely be value/profit based. Adding/taking away inclusions or price adjustments.

I'm a worrier too, so I may just order it for peace of mind. Then there is the cruise I have booked for November of 17.... Guess I should get it now for that one as well. Then I am sure I will find something else to over analyze!!! Thanks!

Im purchasing tomorrow for February 2018 Vista since Im very certain it will go up by then at least once so I would most certainly do November 2017 lol

I don't think this applies to pre-paid packages. I think it means that when paying onboard the price paid may or may not be the same as any previously advertised price.

That is exactly how I understand it to mean too.

It didn't take them long to raise the price on the bottled water pre-order.

Is it no longer 2.99? I was pirchasing tomorrow when I did the Cheers package. I purchased four twelve packs for my Breeze cruise in January and thought that was a great deal. Thanks.