Later debark on oasis and Allure. Global entry as well

We just got off the Oasis yesterday. We went downstairs at 9:15 am and the line of people wanting to debarcation was hundreds of people long. It took us all told just under two hours to clear customs. I don't know if this is normal or not but based on the people in line with us for nearly two hours, who took it all in stride and weren't impatient or steaming mad, I'm guessing that it might be normal. But I hope not! We're going for our Global Entry interview at the Miami Airport on Tuesday. I know we can use the service in Fort Lauderdale and I know I will appreciate it a thousand times over.

Last year on oasis it was so easy. We went to eat breakfast and when we where done we heard they announced our number and we just walked off. Easier then all other ships we were on.

Last year on oasis it was so easy. We went to eat breakfast and when we where done we heard they announced our number and we just walked off. Easier then all other ships we were on.

Same for us last year on Allure. Went to breakfast, then went to the amber theatre and sat for about 30 minutes. They called our number, and off we went. We were at our car in 15 minutes.

We were on the Oasis last week as well 3/26-4/2 and it took us about 2.5 hours to get off the ship.

We went to get breakfast at 7 and were ready to get off the ship at 7:45 we did valet luggage so we thought it would be easier and we could leave the ship at any time. Nope boy were we wrong. When we got to deck 5 to get off there were lines wrapped all over the ship. That was the express line to get off. It took 1.75 hours just to get to the door of the ship to get off. Then once off we had to wait about 40 minutes to get to the area where the luggage was, not we did not have to collect our luggage so that saved some time but there were 100's of people snaking through those lines too and that took another 40 minutes or so. They only had 5 custom agents on. When we finally got out of the building it was 10:15.

They did not start calling numbers to get off the ship until way after we got off. That was around 9:30 and I never heard them call any numbers.

Our Global Entry cards did not make it in time for this cruise but I did ask the agent how it worked. He said once we get off the ship and get our luggage we tell an agent we have global entry and we would go to the head of the line in customs. So in reality it would take about 45 minutes off of our wait time.

Global Entry would not help in actually getting off the boat. In my case this caused most of the delay.

Getting off the ship was one of the most unorganized things I have ever been in. 1000's of people all over the place no one directing traffic. People getting off elevators to cut the lines of people already waiting to get off. It was a mob scene.

Granted this was Easter week. They said there were between 6300 and 6800 people on the ship.

Knowing what I know now I would have skipped breakfast or just got room service and got off the ship at 7. We had an 11:39 flight and we got to the gate at 11:15. Our flight was delayed to 2 so we were thankful for that.

I guess my suggestion is knowing how many people are on the ship. And then plan your attack to get off.

We were on the Oasis last week as well 3/26-4/2 and it took us about 2.5 hours to get off the ship.

We went to get breakfast at 7 and were ready to get off the ship at 7:45 we did valet luggage so we thought it would be easier and we could leave the ship at any time. Nope boy were we wrong. When we got to deck 5 to get off there were lines wrapped all over the ship. That was the express line to get off. It took 1.75 hours just to get to the door of the ship to get off. Then once off we had to wait about 40 minutes to get to the area where the luggage was, not we did not have to collect our luggage so that saved some time but there were 100's of people snaking through those lines too and that took another 40 minutes or so. They only had 5 custom agents on. When we finally got out of the building it was 10:15.

They did not start calling numbers to get off the ship until way after we got off. That was around 9:30 and I never heard them call any numbers.

Our Global Entry cards did not make it in time for this cruise but I did ask the agent how it worked. He said once we get off the ship and get our luggage we tell an agent we have global entry and we would go to the head of the line in customs. So in reality it would take about 45 minutes off of our wait time.

Global Entry would not help in actually getting off the boat. In my case this caused most of the delay.

Getting off the ship was one of the most unorganized things I have ever been in. 1000's of people all over the place no one directing traffic. People getting off elevators to cut the lines of people already waiting to get off. It was a mob scene.

Granted this was Easter week. They said there were between 6300 and 6800 people on the ship.

Knowing what I know now I would have skipped breakfast or just got room service and got off the ship at 7. We had an 11:39 flight and we got to the gate at 11:15. Our flight was delayed to 2 so we were thankful for that.

I guess my suggestion is knowing how many people are on the ship. And then plan your attack to get off.

No room service on disembark day.

Sailed Oasis week of March 26th. We had a nice breakfast in the MDR. Was able to by-pass the long lines in the promenade and got off with my D+ designation. Waited a bit after getting off ship and before going down the escalator to out luggage. After my 2/6/16 Oasis cruise, and seeing these humongous lines, I applied for Global Entry (GE) and it worked to perfection although there was a little hiccup.

Once we got to the holding luggage area, went to get my luggage and followed the sign to GE, extreme right side of building. Problem that we encountered was that we did not have the GE card as we were told not to carry it as it is linked to our passport. Wrong, we needed the card. Luckily we had the confirmation letter with our GE number and were able to exit to the Custom's agent. Worked very well as we by-passed hundreds of Paxs. It was well worth the $100 for 5 years. Also, give you TSA clearance.

I would pay $100 every time, not to wait in that line.

For 5 years, it's well worth, especially that it includes the TSA pre-clear. My Daughter and SIL, who were cruising with us, made the same mistake as we did--not having the card with them. They had all of the approval on their I-phone, but the agent would have none of it, so they had to go back to the lines.

For 5 years, it's well worth, especially that it includes the TSA pre-clear. My Daughter and SIL, who were cruising with us, made the same mistake as we did--not having the card with them. They had all of the approval on their I-phone, but the agent would have none of it, so they had to go back to the lines.

Does everyone in the stateroom have to have it to go in that line?

What if only I have one, can I go though with out them?

Is there a waiting area onboard for suite passengers? We had a JS on the Freedom last year (Port Canaveral) and once we had our luggage there was a dedicated custom line for us. We are also Diamond whereas our friends are not. We don't have a plane to catch but do have tickets to tour one of the Navy destroyers in port at 1:30.

Is there a waiting area onboard for suite passengers? We had a JS on the Freedom last year (Port Canaveral) and once we had our luggage there was a dedicated custom line for us. We are also Diamond whereas our friends are not. We don't have a plane to catch but do have tickets to tour one of the Navy destroyers in port at 1:30.

Yes, there will be an area for suite guests to gather prior to final disembarkation. The details will be in a letter called "As You Depart", which you will get on the last full day of the cruise.

Does everyone in the stateroom have to have it to go in that line?

What if only I have one, can I go though with out them?

For adults, only the card holder. There is an age restrictions for children. For instance, my D & SIL have a 7 & 9 year old and they would be allowed to follow the parents. This is both for TSA & GE.

Yes, there will be an area for suite guests to gather prior to final disembarkation. The details will be in a letter called "As You Depart", which you will get on the last full day of the cruise.

There used to be a letter, as you mentioned, for D & D+, but no such instructions on the Oasis 3/26/16 sail. Has there been changes, or simply an omission by the cabin steward.

There used to be a letter, as you mentioned, for D & D+, but no such instructions on the Oasis 3/26/16 sail. Has there been changes, or simply an omission by the cabin steward.

Guessing it was an omission because we have always received the "As You Depart" letter.

Regarding the priority departure for the suites,

We enjoyed that perk on the Oasis last September, however we just got off the

Allure in February and the concierge indicated they were no longer able to offer that service to suite guests as there had been a deal of push back from the terminal staff & customs.

For what that's worth.

I asked about the new additional suite benefits that roll out in May and I thought that (priority departure) was an advertised feature and what were they going to do then?

She indicated they were working on it but was uncertain at best.

Steve

Allure in February and the concierge indicated they were no longer able to offer that service to suite guests as there had been a deal of push back from the terminal staff & customs.

For what that's worth.

I asked about the new additional suite benefits that roll out in May and I thought that (priority departure) was an advertised feature and what were they going to do then?

Steve

From all indications, it was available on the Oasis 3/26 sail.

For what that's worth.

Steve

We used the suites departure (for gold card holders) program when we got off the Oasis on March 12. They gave us red luggage tags and even put stickers on us to identify us as we went through the process. We were off and in the car quickly.

Edited by beachnative