How strict is New Orleans with assigned check in time??

eng4

they will not allow you into the terminal before the time you scheduled your check in. You can arrive on time or anytime later but not earlier

Q: What happens if I arrive before or after my designated check-in time?

A: Guests who arrive prior to their check-in window will not be permitted to enter the cruise terminal and will be asked to return at their scheduled check-in time. This will be strictly enforced so we can achieve the desired guest experience. Guests who arrive after their designated check-in time will be accommodated.

Edited by hftmrock

We were on the ship by noon in Miami, just wondered if New Orleans was stricter

Was in New Orleans the beginning of March and they are very strict about sticking to the correct times. FWIW, so is Miami now. We were just there a week ago.

We were on the ship by noon in Miami, just wondered if New Orleans was stricter

Your check in time and the time you actually get on the ship are two entirely different things.

Even though boarding usually begins around noon, if you have a 1:30 check in time you will not be allowed into the terminal to get your S&S card.

The only good thing about having a later check in time is that usually once you are checked in you can immediately board the ship.

This past Sunday (March 27), we had an 11-11:30 check in window. We actually arrived about 11:30 and were able to go right into the terminal building after dropping our luggage with the porter. Others, who had times after 1 pm, were also trying to enter and they were being turned away and told to come back.

From the 11:30ish time we arrived at the pier to getting on the ship was about 40 minutes. We though the process went very smoothly, even with some long lines.

Booked before it was implemented in Miami and cruise is a year away this week. I know they are more than likely still working these things out but this should be in a QA somewhere

There is a Q&A. And the Vista is not part of the staggered check in process yet even though it leaves out of Miami. The Vista will be added later - once it gets closer to arriving in Miami.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/~/staggered-check-in

Can we go earlier then the time on paper work?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were there first week or March and we had check in time of 12:30, got to the beginning of the line right on time. There was a pretty big group of people sitting down waiting because they were early. Didn't seem to be any exceptions. It did make the process so MUCH faster getting on the boat. I have to say I liked it.

We were there first week or March and we had check in time of 12:30, got to the beginning of the line right on time. There was a pretty big group of people sitting down waiting because they were early. Didn't seem to be any exceptions. It did make the process so MUCH faster getting on the boat. I have to say I liked it.

It really works well in providing crowd control, access to check-in agents and access to the ship. There still seems to be a long line of people trying to get into the terminal, even though they are eventually turned away. As the line starts to grow, they should have a Carnival employee at the end of the line looking at check-in times for people who are getting in line. This would reduce THAT line also.

It really works well in providing crowd control, access to check-in agents and access to the ship. There still seems to be a long line of people trying to get into the terminal, even though they are eventually turned away. As the line starts to grow, they should have a Carnival employee at the end of the line looking at check-in times for people who are getting in line. This would reduce THAT line also.

In my case they did have an employee that actually looked at the check date on your boarding pass pretty close to the end of the line. :cool:

In my case they did have an employee that actually looked at the check date on your boarding pass pretty close to the end of the line. :cool:

AWESOME !!! That's how it should be. That will keep people from getting in the line who aren't scheduled to check-in yet, making the line shorter and move faster :) If everyone just did what they were supposed to, the system would be FANTASTIC !!!

Just Last Week . They had at least 4 different people checking time stamps on your boarding pass. we got in fast . but still waited to board the ship . At 11:15 they started boarding weddings and then plats. and so on.

when they called us it was 12 minutes after fttf.:) zone 6

On The Ship by 11.45