Anguilla

Does anyone know If it would be possible to do a day trip from St. Marteen to Anguilla? I've been to St. Marteen several times and would love to see Anguilla. I've been searching for trips there (excursions) and they seem to be only for hotel guests. We will be on Oasis in September from 8-5. Wondering if it would be too much to take the ferry from Marigot there and if there would be enough time. Or if anyone knows of any excursions that go there for crusie ship passengers I would appreciate any info

Thanks

Thanks for the link. Your probably right may be too rushed and pressEd for time

We are going to try next week my wife and me. We are going to try and be on the 9am ferry to Marigot. If we don't make that one we will see when the next one is and decide. If we don't do it we will just taxi over to Maho Beach for the day. My wife really wants to go there. I'll let you know when we get back.

Thanks for the link. Your probably right may be too rushed and pressEd for time

Don't forget to take your passport.

With a smile ;)

As Anguilla is 'part' of the U.K., and of if you are American, therefore in the true respect of resiprosity, you will be asked to queue for up to 4 hours at Immigration, and Border Control/Homeland Security

Seriously, we do charge actually you to leave our island.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

We are doing it with blue safaris in October. $120 a person. Leaves from Bobby's marina. Covers everything.

What ship are you on? We are on Oasis and are in port 8-5 getting there won't be the problem but the excursion comes back at 4 and all aboard is 430 it might be not be possible for us. I know some ships are in port until 6. I wish ours was then this would be perfect .

What ship are you on? We are on Oasis and are in port 8-5 getting there won't be the problem but the excursion comes back at 4 and all aboard is 430 it might be not be possible for us. I know some ships are in port until 6. I wish ours was then this would be perfect .

Unless it's a ships excursion I wouldn't risk it. 30 minutes time buffer for this trip would not be enough to me.

Don't forget to take your passport.

With a smile ;)

As Anguilla is 'part' of the U.K., and of if you are American, therefore in the true respect of resiprosity, you will be asked to queue for up to 4 hours at Immigration, and Border Control/Homeland Security

Seriously, we do charge actually you to leave our island.

4 hours!?! Yikes!:eek: Are the lines truly that long? It didn't sound like it by the review at the ling posted by SnorkelAway.

Depending on what day of the week you will be there, there are tour companies that take that trip, just not every day. You would also need a late boarding time to do this as a tour. However,for future reference, I spoke with the man from Bluebeard and he said that they have a deal with the Gov't so that his passengers deal with customs from his boat so no long line on land. https://www.bluebeardcharters.com/

4 hours!?! Yikes!:eek: Are the lines truly that long? It didn't sound like it by the review at the ling posted by SnorkelAway.

Sorry, my mistake.

The resiprosity being extended to the American people when entering a UK dependency, was to ensure they may share the wonderful experience of the English arriving at MIA.

But then Miami is not actually part of the USA, hence the error on my part. :)

To be clear - Port Royal was joking about the immigration/customs line in Anguilla at Blowing Point ferry terminal - it rarely takes more than a few minutes.

Yes, it was a joke. Also if you ask, "Anguilla Customs" will happily stamp your passport. :)

PS

The beaches, the views and the colours of the sea are truly wonderful.

You will not regret the visit.

• 3 weeks later...
We are doing it with blue safaris in October. $120 a person. Leaves from Bobby's marina. Covers everything.

We did this tour with Blue Safaris and it was fantastic! We hope to do it afpgain next month. Capt. Fab and his crew are top notch and no worries whatsoever about getting back on time. Absolutely punctual and the BEST!

You will be just fine. Been there done that with Blue Safaris. They WILL get you back without a doubt. Only a 10-15 min. Walk at most if you have no problems with walking. Take the trip. You won't be sorry.

Unless it's a ships excursion I wouldn't risk it. 30 minutes time buffer for this trip would not be enough to me.

You will make it. We did it twice and we were back on board at 4:15 pm. They know and if you are hesitant, ask them/tell them the time that you need to be back. I notice that they are offering a free ride back to the ship so you could get back in 3-5 min vs. a 12-15 min. walk. 😎