Ovation extends Australian season in 2016/217

Interested in the NZ cruise, also that you say it goes to New Caledonia. Do you have an itinerary of ports and dates?

28th Sydney

2 days sailing

31st Noumea

1st Mystery Island (tendering)

2 days sailing

4th Tauranga

5th Bay Of Islands (tendering)

6th Auckland (tendering)

2 days sailing

9th Sydney

I rang the 1800 number, which is their Aust number, but diverts to the Miami call centre. I wanted to re-book it to the Singapore cruise, but was told to call back next Tuesday. Apparently their system is not ready to make the bookings until then. However, they have "guaranteed" that I will receive the same room as the original booking, along with $400 OBC (I am in a suite) on top of the $500 I already have.

They could not tell me the price of the new cruise either.

That's interesting - maybe wanting to test out tendering at Mystery island where there is a small dock etc to see how it all goes? Could also be fairly crowded with the extra passengers on a little island like that.

That doesn't sound good.

It was bad enough on Explorer a few months back with 5 hours wait for the last off, and that's a ship with more than a 1000 passengers fewer. And getting off the island had a line doubling back all the way across it.

RCL didn't mind though, setting up their own beverage stand on the island for some extra revenue.

Thanks for posting this! Do you know if it's in that order? Ie, the 5 night Tasmanian cruise will be 23rd of Jan? Wondering if we can squeeze one in before school goes back, though at this stage we might be in Asia. Choices, choices...!

You'll probably get a shock when you see the price for that cruise. They're making sure to cash in on anyone keen to try it...

You'll probably get a shock when you see the price for that cruise. They're making sure to cash in on anyone keen to try it...

Argh. And yep, whenever I've looked so far at Ovation pricing, it seems to be cheaper to fly to NYC for 12 nights on Anthem of the Seas!

I would look at the 2018 prices when the deployments comes out. Hopefully they will be reasonable as they were when 2017 prices first came out.

Argh. And yep, whenever I've looked so far at Ovation pricing, it seems to be cheaper to fly to NYC for 12 nights on Anthem of the Seas!

That is not as far fetched as it first seemed. Did you see Virgin airfares from Brisbane to NY now from $865 - cheapest for many years, which is a sign of the times!

Royal has done something similar here in the UK.

They had a full house for a new ship maiden voyage. This was cancelled as they added another one or two extra cruises before it.

So those booked who thought they were doing a maiden, we're now doing a standard cruise. The prices for the new scheduled maiden voyage had prices much higher and the compensation people got booked on the original maiden was....... Basically, not much.... Many many upset and angry people...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

So now that a few weeks have passed and also the extended 2016-17 as well as the 2017-18 Ovation seasons have been published - how did those affected with the change in schedule get on?

Did RCI provide the assistance they said they would? Hope no one ended up out of pocket. Interested to know.