!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-216_zpscahmqv6e.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-217_zps2ltltqny.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-218_zpsiddgzmzl.jpg

Behind that store is where the really large shopping area is. We have never been there, and quite honestly, I don't think we will ever be. I am not much of a shopping person. I buy absolutely everything from amazon, if I could get food from them I would as well.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-222_zpsrnssb9i3.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-224_zpsc9czsndz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-225_zpsmjnzytkv.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-226_zps7ily4jip.jpg

We did not buy anything. Mom usually buys something for our travel wall from each place we visit. But since we had been here twice already, she already had her little trinket from Labadee.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-227_zpsbbjmgk5b.jpg

We saw the tram still waiting for people, but it was almost moving. So I took off running and made him stop, then he waited a little for mom to catch up. The people in front of me gave me that sweet and jolly look that you can expect from someone that has been waiting there for ever, oooops :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-229_zpsnfffub1m.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-230_zpspajb1ylz.jpg

Also a big fan of your humorous, informative and extensive review, but to be perfectly candid; we're mostly just fans of the "wall" picture you took commemorating Shackleton's doomed expedition! :) Thanks for taking it! And yes, read up on it, or track down the several documentaries on it. The crew of that ill-fated ship took film and photos of their "cruise" that made dealing with limited onboard ice machines look like... oh well, never mind. It's all fascinating stuff. And, okay, yes, we're really looking forward to hearing more about your own adventure and enjoying more of your first-class photos.

Thank you for finally posting after reading many of the reviews. I actually find myself taking pictures of a lot art, I never gave it much thought until her comment. I keep a lot of those photos on my personal albums as well, they tend to bring great memories :)

Once again, thank you for being a part of the review.

Behind that store is where the really large shopping area is. We have never been there, and quite honestly, I don't think we will ever be. I am not much of a shopping person. I buy absolutely everything from amazon, if I could get food from them I would as well.

You dodged a bullet there I think Gambee. When I went into that area, it was possibly the most uncomfortable I have ever felt in a port ever. I just felt it was unsafe around there, especially if you decided against buying something from them. I made a quick getaway.

Hi Gambee

Loving your report! We were on this trip too, and Experienced the horror that is room service breakfast on labadee day! Yuk! My egg looked like something coughed up into a hankie, my sausage looked like a decomposed finger... It was all cold and burnt! 2 bowls for 3 peoples cereals, and NO cutlery!

Apart from that, and the drama in Johnny Rockets when their wait line was being ignored, it was the best trip ever!

Is San Juan day 4? We return there this September on Allure and haven't been there for many years. I am curious to see what you and mom got up to.:)

Yup, day 4. This was our second time there, and just like the last time we had a great time there.

You dodged a bullet there I think Gambee. When I went into that area, it was possibly the most uncomfortable I have ever felt in a port ever. I just felt it was unsafe around there, especially if you decided against buying something from them. I made a quick getaway.

Yeah, I have read about this in the past. Actually, my ex went there and he said you needed a strong character to say no. Much like they say that they don't have any change, when you know they must have nearly $40 or so in change in their pockets.

Hi Gambee

Loving your report! We were on this trip too, and Experienced the horror that is room service breakfast on labadee day! Yuk! My egg looked like something coughed up into a hankie, my sausage looked like a decomposed finger... It was all cold and burnt! 2 bowls for 3 peoples cereals, and NO cutlery!

Apart from that, and the drama in Johnny Rockets when their wait line was being ignored, it was the best trip ever!

OMG you described that breakfast much better than I did! It was a perfect way of putting it :)

We had a great cruise as well, very enjoyable.

Thanks for this review Gambee! I've been waiting for a review like this.

I'm taking my first RCI cruise in June on the Empress but I really want to try the Oasis or the Allure in the future.

You're very welcome :)

I hope you have a great cruise on the Empress!

Good morning my friend! Excellent photos of Labadee... very high quality and detailed :)

Looking forward to your photos from Chops as well

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Thank you Chris :)

Do I see water fountains in some of your pics? The only thing I don't like about Freedom is the lack of easy to get, cold water.

Also, is there a walk around promenade that isn't obstructed by lifeboats? And can you walk up to and stand at the bow like on Freedom?

Why was your map channel in French?

The "zigzagging" you see with sailboats is called tacking (technically beating).

They can't sail right into the wind, only about within 45 degrees on either side so there's a 90 degree "dead zone" that you can't sail in. If you have to go in that direction, you have to zigzag and obviously it's a lot slower.

Not swimming after eating is an old wive's tale. It was probably invented by parents who wanted a break from watching their kids in the water right after lunch!

Thanks again for this report, check your gmail.

Love your review. We have

sailed on RCCL 3 times but never on the Oasis class. We Sail in 3 weeks and love your pictures and ideas. Did you ever eat Breakfast and Johnny Rockets? Heard it was good for a quick breakfast with real eggs.