Internet plans

kayhold

I am going to have to purchase internet plans but have a few questions.

Last time we cruised in 2012, the internet was slow and awful. Has it been upgraded?

Airplane mode on, wifi on right?

Do I have to purchase it for each device or does it go by cabin? I need to be able to be in contact with my 13 year old cousin and 10 year old son at all times so I am curious how that works. Mostly for when the 13 year old is babysitting at night (our sleeping toddler) and my 10 year old in Night Owls.

I plan to keep contact with them though FB messenger.

Thanks.

I am going to have to purchase internet plans but have a few questions.

Last time we cruised in 2012, the internet was slow and awful. Has it been upgraded?

Airplane mode on, wifi on right?

Do I have to purchase it for each device or does it go by cabin? I need to be able to be in contact with my 13 year old cousin and 10 year old son at all times so I am curious how that works. Mostly for when the 13 year old is babysitting at night (our sleeping toddler) and my 10 year old in Night Owls.

I plan to keep contact with them though FB messenger.

Thanks.

Just off of Carnival Victory, how they do it now compared to a few years ago is that you get to purchase a few packages. To the best of my recollection, the ultimate package would be $60 for the entire cruise and that's to surf, email, message, etc, except for streaming video.

The packages were like this:

minimal: facebook and facebook messenger and whatsapp and maybe a few apps

$5/day or approx $15 for rthe entire cruise

second level: all email and includes first minimal package

$16/day or approx $35 for the entire cruise

third level: all websites and includes second level

approx $20+ a day or $40 for entire cruise

ultimate level: everything but streaming

don't remember what it cost by day but it was $60 for the entire cruise.

Bandwidth was manageable unless you're streaming. Hope this helps.

Trip pricing varies based on the length of your cruise. Daily it is $5 for social media, $16 for value internet, and $25 for premium. The package pricing offers a significant savings on 7 day cruises.

It is "per device connected at one time." You can use it on all of your devices - just not all at the same time. (i.e. you can use your iPhone, and then login to your iPad, but it will log you out of your iPhone.)

If you want to be connected to more than one device at a time to use Facebook Messenger, you will need to pay for multiple devices.

If you are on Breeze, Freedom, Glory or Sunshine, you can use what's called the Carnival Hub App and get messaging functionality for $5 for the duration of your cruise. That doesn't include any other internet/app accessibility.

Edited by BTHodgeman

If I have to pay extra, that's fine.

We're on Triumph, though, so no hub.

It is charged per folio number, so if you want a more inclusive plan, you could get one of those, and then 2 of the cheapest plans for the kids, if you only need texting for them.

We got the social media package for us and the kids a couple weeks ago on valor so we could keep in contact on the ship. No hub available in valor. It was $25 each for the 7 day. $60/week for full internet (no skype) and $99 for premium (faster) Internet.

We got it because we were planning to use FB messenger but iMessage worked so we used that. We could even iMessage people at home. My son also noticed that he got all his push notifications for his various apps. So he got sports and news updates etc even though he couldn't use the apps. My daughter said snap chat wouldn't work however. The connection was very slow. But our main reason to get it was to communicate with others on the ship so it wasn't a big deal (for me anyway).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app